“7/30/2014”

Ranked #70 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“7/30/2014”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

I stay at this hotel from 7/30/2014 to 8/5/2014 and I have nothing but good things to say about this hotel..It's located near a lot of restaurants ..shopping areas ...and best all it's only twenty minutes from Hillboros beach which is very nice...Everthing that you will need and do is easily found either way on federal highway...the staff is always smiling and ready to please...very clean quiet hotel... My only thumbs down they close the pool at ten...I can't to go back

Room Tip: 224-or nearby because you can see the pool area and front of the lobby from that angle
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Pompano Beach, United States
Reviewed August 4, 2014

We stayed here for business and everything was great-clean rooms, good breakfast and quiet area. The hotel is right off the main road and the parking was perfect. We have stayed at this hotel numerous times. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank David Y
Paris, France
Reviewed August 3, 2014

I m staying 19 days at la quinta located 5727 north federal highway fort lauderdale, florida. I paid 1000 dollars for this stay and the only answer when i showed these pictures at the front desk was to give me five more soaps. I sent them on facebook ( with the comment : how i m suppose to wash my hands ?) because i don t think that in 2014 in the usa you expect insects in your room. Back in my country i m considering to download them on trip advisor and yelp because it is not normal.

A cleaning person with a spray was supposed to come but never showed up (i wait the whole evening in my room.

By the way, this hotel is one of the noisiest i ve never seen : students there respect nothing particularly the sleep of the people who work early in the morning (i mean i wake up at 7 am so i would like to be able to sleep at 10pm without students drinking in front of my door, smoking and screaming, yelling and not talking)

Sorry for the English mistakes, it is not my mothertongue

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

3 Thank Cal L
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Stayed late july at this location and had a great experience. No problems, place was quiet although many people stayed here. I drove for 4 hours here with my anxious cat, and they were able to let us into the room early. The rates are very good, they have a good breakfast, and unlike other chains they do not ever charge extra for pets.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank m c
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We've stayed at many La Quintas--the price is good, the rooms are clean, and you get a decent breakfast...BUT we had very mixed feelings about this place, so here are the pros and cons...

Pros: Good location/neighborhood. Hotel staff is wonderful--very nice and helpful workers at the front desk, the grounds are very well maintained--property is taken care of, and the rooms are basic, but seemed clean when we arrived...

CONS:
1. Apparently this hotel is a dorm for the teen students that attend the foreign language school next door. Big groups of teens took over the pool area---some are rude, obnoxious, and full of vulgar language, others were perfectly fine.
2. Very noisy at night---since it's a pet friendly motel, we heard dogs barking (sometimes at night, sometimes early morning), we had a room on the inside--heard lots of noise--people yelling outside in the main/middle area. Not the best sleeping environment here.
3. Housekeepers are pretty much useless. They changed our sheets and took our dirty towels--and that's all they did the whole week we were here. Never left us stuff (clean towels, coffee, cups, TP, etc.), never cleaned the floors (not a room I'd walk barefoot in!) or wiped down counters. We had to go get our own towels, toilet paper, and kleenex, since housekeeping kept forgetting to leave anything in the room. This was annoying.
4. WiFi never worked.
5. I was so glad to have a fitness center to work out in, but due to the moldy smell, I had no desire to stay in there.

Overall, I hate giving low ratings, but due to the cons of my experience at the hotel, that's why I cannot give them a higher rating. If I were just rating the staff and hotel grounds, I'd probably give them 4 stars.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the highway side, the student side, and the dog side...it's a noisy place.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Kristy S
Naples, Florida
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

When we arrived the front office gal was very kind. She gave us our room, however we needed a first floor room as they do not have an elevator. She kindly switched our room. We went to drop off our things and it was located near the air conditioning system which was extremely loud. When we went in the room it smelled very moldy. We live in Florida so it isn't like we aren't used to the moist air...this was undeniably mold. We didn't bother doing anything since we were told this was the only first floor room available. The walls are paper thin, we were up early one morning to go for a bike ride and could hear the neighbors having sex. We also heard several people at night going by outside to door.

It was fine since we were barely at the hotel, but wouldn't recommend.

Stayed June 2014
Las Vegas
Reviewed July 19, 2014

We stayed here 4 nights this past week while visiting fort Lauderdale the hotel is in a good location in a pretty safe area of town its not on the beach but its within a 5 minute drive if you have a car there are not really any restauraunts within walking distance but plenty in a 5 minute or less drive the rooms are a bit dated but kept very clean there was a couple of bugs when we first checked in but we called the front desk and maintenance was their spraying within 5 minutes they offered to move us but we liked the room was close to the parking and pool we also asked for a fridge and a micro fridge combo was quickly brought over at no extra charge the room was clean the beds comfy had good ac and flat screen tv the bathroom was kind of small but was adequate the pool was simple but very good in size and clean also the hot tub was very relaxing they also have the standard la quinta breakfast fare at no charge boiled eggs and waffles and stuff there was a lot of students staying at the hotel which worried me at first but they were very well behaved and not rowdy so overall a pretty good value especially in the summer off season I probably would not pay the rates in winter which is the high season in fort Lauderdale which is very pricey for decent hotels but during the summer or slow seasons its a bargain for the area and amenities I would grade it as a 3 star hotel but I give it a extra star and make it a 4 star for me because it has everything I seek in a hotel which #1 is pet friendly no charge no deposit no hassle # 2 in a good location #3 has a nice pool heated in winter #4 has a Jacuzzi and has a good price if your looking for the ritz carlton or the waldorf Astoria for 60 bucks a night its probably not for you but if you want a clean room and all the amenities at a good value check it out

Room Tip: first floor hotel has no elevators rooms in back side may have less highway noise
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple