La Quinta Inn Ft. Lauderdale Northeast
Conrad.com
$94
$140
$129
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$239
$212
$169
Travelocity
  • Beachfront
All reviewsboiled eggsroom was cleanwaffle makerfree breakfasthot tuban older propertywill stay there againeasy accesshousekeeping staffstayed one nightpre cruiselauderdaleinnsftratesbeddinguber
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Overall, I was pretty disappointed in this hotel for $130.00 a night. I rarely complain about anything, because I live with the philosophy that I'm just sleeping there, not buying it, but this room was pretty gross. I was hoping that the exterior was deceiving since a police officer is stationed at this hotel past 10pm when the lobby closes, but my room wasn't any better. There was hair in the shower, mold or food or something on the ceiling and stains on the bed comforter. To top it off, the few members of the house keeping staff that I had dealings with were some of the most miserable rude people I have ever dealt with.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank xxlaurabeanismexx
Reviewed February 15, 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed February 13, 2014

This LQ has been a wonderful surprise; I say "surprise", because I can't believe the quality of the room, bedding, and amenities that I was treated to, and, because of how incredibly helpful the staff were when my car broke down. Mechanical issues aside, the room had a wonderful pillow-top king-size bed, with a soft, plush comforter, and high thread-count sheets. The linens all appeared to be fairly new, with no sign of the wear that might be seen on bedding which has been put through the sanitizers a bit too often. All the counters were granite in the bathroom and prep area, and the room featured a nice, full-sized ironing board, an iron, hair dryer, and flat-panel TV with HDMI inputs for the blu-ray player I brought with me. The air conditioning was superb, featuring a backlit LCD digital thermostat, which was legible in complete darkness, and with airflow directed to avoid blowing directly on the bed. The room was clean, not only to the eye, but to the sense of smell, as well. I have zero tolerance for the musty smell that can naturally occur in a closed, humid, south Florida room, but LQ obviously would have none of that; the AC was left running, even without an occupant. The end result was a room that was kept constantly cool, and de-humidified by the AC, preventing the formation of that musty smell, and to the contrary, promoting a fresh, clean feeling to the room upon first entry. While I am certain that such an approach would have cost LQ a bit more to maintain, I personally appreciate their effort, and am glad they went to the trouble that they did; those of us who suffer from allergies likely would feel the same.
In short, my stay was extremely pleasant and restful, owing to a well designed, implemented, and maintained room, combined with a staff that literally tripped over themselves to make me happy. What more can you ask for?

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 11, 2014

The staff were extremely courteous and welcoming. I like to stay at LaQuinta hotels because of their location and value and this was by far one of the best I've visited. The staff fulfilled our special request and had our two rooms next to each other with no problem. The cleanliness was superb too. I'll definitely book this location again on my next trip to Fort Lauderdale.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Nice hotel...........fairly accommodating..............clean and friendly.........breakfast not the best, but acceptable.
I would return to stay here in the future. Close to Gulfstream Racetrack and Mardi Gras Casino

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family