La Quinta Inn Ft. Lauderdale Northeast
Ranked #73 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Front desk staff consists of one person who was not very knowledgeable about the area around the hotel. Very shabby rooms and the first room assigned to me had strong "wet dog" odor. Second room was in the back of the hotel where it was very very noisy.

Be prepared that this hotel serves as a "dorm" for a foreign language school which essentially means a lot of activity all night long.

The 2 computers for guest use in the lobby were both not operating at 5:30 in the morning, when I wanted to print a boarding pass. The front desk clerk was very helpful in offering to check me in for my flight with his computer, but, duh...his computer wasn't connected to a printer.

This hotel could be very nice, but it needs someone to pour a ton of money into upgrading it. Very disappointing for a LaQuinta Inn.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the students.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed August 6, 2012

We were in FLL for something specific and we had a great and short stay. Very dog friendly as others mentioned. Free wifi, free parking and a limited but free breakfast. Pool and hot tub clean and open late. Bed comfy and flat screen kept Olympic enthusiast hubby happy. Breakfast needed more options but we were happy about the waffle maker and of course that it was free. Worth mentioning that it has the open format like a motel vs an elevator building, but we felt safe and the staff were accommodating. Its clean in the room and I had no complaints - a coat of paint would help the exterior a lot. Literally a short 1 mile drive to the beach and Denny's up the street. If we're bringing our pet, and again had our car, we'd stay again.

oh and p.s. for GREAT cuban food, Fuego Latino is a five min drive from hotel. google it for the great reviews.

Room Tip: poolside was fine but on the ground level you have the issue of hearing folks in the pool until 10.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
A La Quinta traveler
Clearwater, Florida, USA
Reviewed July 30, 2012

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Slow and mostly useless front desk. No internet in rooms 135 136. Very slow internet elsewhere. People had to cone to lobby to use slow-speed internet.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Endik
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I just want to say this hotel was amazing very friendly people all around. My 2 dogs enjoyed themselves as well. Only thing I think personally needs a little work is the breakfast but still over all was very relaxing and just great for 4th of July. I will be making future plans here again :) Thank you 1 Love.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I stayed here on a recent trip to Florida. My party got in after midnight and Robert helped me find the hotel and a late night place to grab a bite to eat. I remember his name because I had to call him several times on the way to the property and he was very helpful and nice each time I called. When I checked in he even told me he was happy I finally made it.

The parking wasn't terrible. Our room was through the courtyard past the pool so we were able to park at the front every night. And even though our room was near the pool, it never was super noisy and it closed at 10p.

The room was a typical LQ room. Not as clean as my home but I'm a near freak. Sheets were good, carpet was good, bathtub was eeeh. Needed some good cleaner and elbow grease. The bed was comfy and lighting adequate. I had enough towels for a party of two kids kids and two adults without asking for more. Wish the AC was colder (I like to play in the sun and sleep in the arctic) and I wish they had more tv stations to fall asleep to.

I mentioned Robert earlier but the entire staff was awesome. Helped with brochures for activities, directions to the beach, breakfast hours (which stayed well stocked), and mailing out my postcards. I didn't have a complaint the whole time.

Great location. Was able to hop the roads and travel from Sunrise, Pompano Beach, Miami and Coconut Creek in the three nights we stayed there. Beach was straight up Commercial with some good eats and souvenir shopping.

Fun times, even with a cranky 1 year old.

Stay at this LQ!

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 23, 2012

This La Quinta Inn is close to downtown, restaurants, easy access to I95.
The room was clean and neat, hotel grounds and pool area were all clean and cared for.
No complaints, but nothing special.

If need I would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business