GALLERYone - A DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #42 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed October 13, 2010

I stayed for three days/two nights at Doubletree hotel for conference. It was a little farther than I would have initially planned but turned out to be great. Room was clean, no bed bugs. Hotel was clean and service was great. They were helpful with taxi service and any other questions I had. Area was safe. It was several blocks from beach but not a bad walk. Beach was beautiful. The hotel is near the Gallery One mall but I never got to go there.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed October 8, 2010

Stayed here for 3 nights in September this year. The rooms are lovely, spacious, and very clean. Our room had a full kitchen, which in all honesty, we didnt make much use of, spacious sitting area, large bedroom and bathroom.
A few things though, the water pressure on the shower in our room was terrible, and seemed to just trickle, and there is a really annoying green flashing fire alarm in the bedroom, which is quite distracting when you are trying to get to sleep. Parking is $20 a night (valet $23 per night). I just dont understand why parking in Fort Lauderdale hotels is so expensive, its free almost anywhere else! We stayed at the Hilton Beach Resort last year, and they charge $30 per night!, The Gallery One is $10 cheaper, but I still think its a rip off.
Other than these points, the hotel is great, the staff are friendly (especially the valet guys), and the free warm cookies from reception are a nice touch. The hotel has a walkway over to the Galleria Mall (lovely shopping mall) and is about a 5 minute drive to the beach, and Las Olas Boulevard (nice restaurants and little shops). The hotel also has its own water taxi stop for intracoastal waterway, although we didnt get a chance to ride the water taxi, maybe next time!
All in all, this is great hotel as a base for exploring what Fort Lauderdale has to offer, and we would stay here again

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 27, 2010

We had a great time at this hotel, the rooms are very nice and spacious as all of them are suites with kitchen, they are very well appointed with marble floors in the kitchen and bathroom, stainless steel appliances and marble countertops. the bed is very comfortable and the location is ver convenient to restaurants and bars next door at the Galleria mall. The staff was very friendly, I checked in around 2p and my room was ready with the special requests I had made (The additional mirror I requested wasn't there but that is ok). the valet staff was very friendly and always had our car ready when we needed it. The hotel itself is very nice there is an area for sunbathing overlooking the intracostal close to the pool and a full service pool bar. Overall I really enjoyed stayin at this hotel and I will definetely come back!!!

Reviewed September 22, 2010

We chose this hotel after much research for a night before cruise place to stay. Hubby spent hours looking at different sites trying to get as much info as possible on hotels. We had originally booked the Embassy Suites as it is highly recommended by cruisers. We then found out that the hotel was completely booked that night, we didnt want any complications that might come with a full hotel, so we looked at some Hilton properties as we can get or use points.

We booked two rooms, one for us and one for Bro-in-law and his wife. We used out points so only had to pay for one room.

We went to the hotel before 10am to see when we could check-in, first the valet was super nice and kept the car up front cuz we were leaving as soon as we talked to the check-in desk. Not only did we check in we got both rooms upgraded to harbor views. And we got the YUMMY warm cookies.

The rooms were two room suites with kitchenettes, clean and comfortable, the bed was super comfy, wish I could have spent more than one night there.

We were in and out the rest of the day and the valet's again were super nice and accommodating. It was only about a 5 minute drive to Las Olas and about 20 mins from the airport.

We couldnt see the ship from the hotel, but I wasnt up at 3am to see her sail in anyway.

I would stay at this hotel again, and recommend it to anyone who is staying in the Ft. Lauderdale area

2  Thank mation101
Reviewed September 18, 2010

Lets start out by saying when I arrived at the hotel I thought the lobby was quite beautiful and I was extremely excited to see the rooms. When I went to check in I had my sister with me because I was planning a surprise romantic night for my husband. Kate was the front desk clerk. She checked me in without a problem and off to the 7th floor we went. When we arrive in the room it smelled like wet carpet/mold in the living room and the bed room smelled the same. When I called down to the front desk and stated the problem she just said "OK". I'm on the other end line thinking to myself ok.....after an extended amount of silence I said OK??? She says she’s trying to locate another room on the same floor for me and will have the bell man bring it up. After waiting 20 minutes in the STINK room I picked up all my bags and back down to the lobby we trudged. She forgot about us because when I walked up to the counter she THEN changed the room and made the keys. Back up we went to the 7th floor. This is now the second room. When I arrive to that room the door was hard to open. I used my body weight and pushed it open. I was satisfied with the room. We began setting up for my surprise. Everything was running on schedule until it was time to get ice for the Champaign and the door would NOT open!!! Both my sister and I were pulling and tugging on the door trying to open it! Finally after MUCH struggle it open and I said to my sister we are not going to play tug o' war with the door. We packed up my things and back down we went. When Kate saw us now for the third time she seemed annoyed. She gave us another room on another floor. When she about to give me the keys maintenance personnel was walking by and she requested him to accompany us to the room. On the 8th floor we went for our 3rd room! When we arrive to the room it ALSO had a wet carpet smell!!!! The maintenance personnel also smelled this. He left and came back with FEBREEZ!! He opens the AC Vent and sprayed inside, right in front of me!!! OF COURSE I WAS APPAULED!!! But what else could I have said or have done... I was now running late to pick up my husband from work.

I filled out a survey later that week and I advised them of my experience. I was later called and had a message from the house keeping manger. I called him back, left a message and he has yet to return my call. Either way, I'll just stick with the Marriott.

1  Thank Meshalla
Reviewed August 29, 2010

My husband and I stay at this hotel for our eight year anniversary and we had a great time for two nights. We checked in on Aug 27 until Aug 29.The room kept clean daily and the bed was very comfortable. The staff were friendly and helpful. We enjoy the beach which was walking distance from the hotel. Also the Galleria Mall is right next to the hotel. I recommend this hotel to anyone who want a quick gateaway and want to relax.
CONS:
Restaurant near hotel get crowded fast and need early reservation especially on Saturday.
Parking lot overprice

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2010

Great value for money for the room. Large, good maintenance condition, very clean. We stayed 6 nights and found parking very expensive (we didn't park the car in the hotel because of that reason, in fact). Pool area is very nice, good views from the pool, which is placed away from main avenue and parking lot. In general the staff was very friendly. Housekeeping (Maria E.) was very good. Bartenders were extremelly friendly, and still discrete, which was a great combination, sometimes not easy to find. We had late check out and our room access cards were not properly set/programmed for this condition. When we wanted to access the room, we were asked questions like if it was the first time we were seen (after 6 days of every-morning greetings). We were not offered a new card, which is extremelly unusual and also unhelpful. Internet was free only in the lobby (at the rooms it was charged). However, we would still come back to this hotel, because we understand this could be handled better next time, and value for money makes it really a good deal. Photos from the website are very accurate and show the real thing.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple