GALLERYone - A DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel
$147
$74
$108
$99
Fort Lauderdale Marriott North(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$98
$259
$223
Marriott Hotels
  • Beachfront
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$179
$203
$145
Hotwire.com
2,986 results
All reviewsgalleria mallwater taxidouble treewater viewblue martiniwarm cookiesvalet parkingsuite hotelliving roomcity viewintercoastal waterwaysunrise blvdshort walk to the beachacross the streetsmall kitchenvalet servicebusiness center
Reviewed April 2, 2007

We picked this hotel based on its location (close to airport--about 15 minutes away) and availablity of suites. But for the money and the big name, we were disappointed in the details. The room was supposed to be non-smoking, but clearly a smoker had recently been in residence. The bath mat and two towels had holes. I was not convinced the hide-a-bed sheets had been changed since the last user. The door stuck, making it very hard to open. The bellhop took over 30 minutes to bring up our luggage. I expect these things at lesser priced hotels. I find them annoying for the price I paid. Yes, the suite was spacious and attractive. The pool, work out room and beach are great. The warm cookies are spectacular. But next time, I would give my money to a place that's getting the details right, too.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
4  Thank Restless_in_Seattle
Reviewed March 27, 2007

This is a beautiful hotel- the suites are spacious, well equipped with high quality granite and marble surfaces in the kitchen and bathroom. It's worth paying for a water view balcony suite for the views. The location is perfect- overlooking the intracoastal waterway over which big Louie, the resident iguana, holds court at the water's edge. The water taxi stops here so very convenient for car free travel round the city. Lots of wildlife to watch as well as the people- manatee, black vultures in abundance, pelicans and a resident grey heron on the opposite bank. Unfortunately, the weekend we stayed the restaurant was out of action - bit of a disappointment but the very helpful manager compensated us for that inconvenience. Maid service left much to be desired - we stared at a peanut on the floor and a half empty glass of water on the bedside table for 4 days ! I had to ask for replacement shampoo and for surfaces to be wiped. I'm sure the manager will iron out that problem. Reception staff helpful with maps/directions to everglades. We'll certainly return.

Stayed: March 2007
5  Thank hollisCardiff
Reviewed March 22, 2007

This hotel is brilliant - from the warm cookies at check-in to the huge, comfy rooms and luxury bathrooms.
My dad and I stayed for one night and wished we could stay another. The room was fantastic and very high quality. The staff at the hotel were very polite and efficient, parking is easy, plus there's some decent shopping malls and restaurants only 3 minutes walk. What's not to like?!

• Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank dsykes
Reviewed March 20, 2007

March 10, 2007, 2 adults, 1 child (Spring Break) one night stay before cruise. We got on Hotwire 119.99US. I had origninally booked this hotel at 259.00US and lucked out by getting on Hotwire.

Hotel was very busy, being Spring Break. Check in was not until 3:00pm but we were okay with this as it was busy and that is check in time as they list.

We were in walking distance to the beach and resturants, so we changed in the washroom and off we went. We ate lunch at the Blue Fish? very good food and great astmosphere.

The beach was very busy with Spring Breakers and the sand and ocean looked nice.

The room check in was good! The room was great, big screen TV, my husband was happy, and another TV in Bedroom. We had 2 Queen beds and pullout couch. The room was very clean, 2 rooms in one. The kitchen very well equiped.

We had table mates on the cruise that stayed down the road and said it was a nightmare due to Spring Breakers, the Doubletree was very quiet and we did not hear any partiers. The pool area was very nice and view of the water at the pool very nice.

I have not stayed anywhere else in FL so cannot compare 3 star to 4 star but feel this hotel was a great find and would stay there again for sure.

5  Thank lynz001
Reviewed March 6, 2007

Stayed two nights, Feb 23 and 24th. Room was large and clean.
Only exception was all of the dishes/silverware/cups were in the dishwasher and not clean. There was dishwasher soap in the room so I just ran it when we found them. Pool was large, heated and not too crowded. We took the water taxi (stops right at hotel) downtown where their are many more restaurants. It is expensive but nice to do once to see the boats in the marinas and the big houses on the intercoastal. Beach was a short walk, we spent one day there. Water was very clear and about 70 degrees. But I think the city of FT L asking $10 a chair and $15 an umbrella rental on the Beach is a bit too much.

Stopped here on the way back from Key West so it was nice to park the car and walk where we wanted to go for a couple of days.

1  Thank SWPickerel