GALLERYone - A DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #37 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
“Excellent”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

No Complaints at all. Congrats. to all at The Double Tree. Being in show biz. I always advise my clients to check in at the Hotel and mention my name. I have had so many of my friends and clients calling me and thanking me for my recommending them to The Double Tree. I think this says it all.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (529)
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 31, 2014

The hotel is old, and they have tried to give a facelift. We stay in a 2 bedroom suite room 834 for 4 days, 3 nights.

On the very first day we seen a roach in the hallway on our way to the room.

We had to called call the front desk multiple times because TNT (CHANNEL 12) had no sound on either of the 3 TV's in our suite. Finally they got it fixed on the last night we were there.

On the last day there, Tried to call the desk to pull our car around. The front clerk had no clue of what she was doing, we gave her the information we had used the entire stay to retrieve the car. She continue to say that the # we provided her 248 was our room #, and it was not, because we were in room 834. Had enough of going back and forth with her (she barely understood English). Hung up and went to the valet booth for the one guy on stay at 7am to retrieve our car.

This hotel is near the mall and publix, both can be walked to, so that was great to walk over and have dinner and be able to walk back to the room

You are also able to catch the trolley for a $3 fee, that will take you down by the beach. You can ride all day long for the $3 fee, or a one way price of $1.

View from room was excellent.

No wifi, mandatory $25 valet fee per day. Beware of prices at the bare, ask for a simple Daiquiri the price was $18. You can walk over to the mall and have happy hours drinks for half that price at the Blue Martini .

Overall our stay was great, would consider staying there again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank JESSTRAVEL24
Poughkeepsie,NY, United States
Reviewed March 31, 2014

The facilities were excellent. There was one flaw. The wakup call I asked for, for the moring I was to leave did NOT arrive! This did not make me very happy. Put something under the glass plates covering the end table s next to the bed to keep them from slipping.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Plantation, Florida, United States
Reviewed March 30, 2014

The property sits facing Sunrise Blvd, however, from your room you have the option to book for intracoastal view. City and intracoastal view are both nice, the staff is very nice and helpful and the rooms are clean and spacey. I love their DoubleTree cookies upon check-in! One of my favorite spots to book a stay-cation at when I just want to get away... Quiet and the breakfast buffet downstairs is worth the $$$! I booked for water view but checked in late and the front desk apologized and comped my valet parking, comped breakfast, and gave an additional set of fresh baked cookies! That was appreciative...

Room Tip: Water view is a little more expensive, but is a beautiful sight at night from the balcony
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Stittsville
Reviewed March 30, 2014

A very nice hotel, very comfortable. The hick is they have no shuttles from and to the airport or to the port if you are going on a cruise. The cost of taxi ride is $25 from the airport and $20 to the cruise ship.
Breakfast is not included the cost is between 14 and 21$.
No free WIFI in rooms but available in lobby.
Well located with outdoor pool and by the water.
Mall/stripmall with grocery store within walking distance.
Very clean rooms and common areas, great service, and overall a high end hotel where you get what you pay for but it is very expensive.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Fenwick Island, Delaware
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on our way back north from the keys. The hotel is right on the canal and highway. We received a canal room, and the view was great. Watched the boats go by, and the bridge rise to let them under. The hotel is next to a huge mall, and across the street is a Publix grocery store. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating.

I have one big issue with this hotel. It's s hilton brand. I have also on this trip stayed in Hampton inns. They provide FREE wifi, the doubletree makes you PAY for wifi. This is nuts in today's world. We didn't pay. We just used our phones to get Internet.

Come on hilton, if your moderate hotels offer free wifi, so can your upper end hotels.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed March 27, 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed at this hotel for one night after her surgery. When I walked in to book the room, the lady at the front desk was very helpful and patient, I forgot her name. House keeping was great also and oh wow, I cannot help but to mention Karesha, I think she was the supervisor of housekeeping, she was quick in responding to all our request for extra wash clothes and towels. Thank you guys for making our night a memorable one and so we plan on visiting again.
Keisha