“beautiful hotel”

GALLERYone - A DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #41 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed September 10, 2013

my husband and I stayed at this hotel this past Saturday, we were there for a wedding, the reception took place on the boat that is located in the back . Very beautiful, peaceful , and the staff were all very nice.One thing that we noticed was that the drainage was very slow, the toilet took almost forever to fill back up after flushing. ( minor stuff, but could be irritating) valet staff was fast and pleasant. the only thing is , the place is over price especially that they charge $25.00 a day for parking.The only reason I would not be back is because We usually spend 3-4 days in a hotel, and I don't see paying an extra $100.00 just to park.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ATAPFLORIDA
GALLERYone D, General Manager at GALLERYone - A DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Thank you for the nice comments about our hotel and our staff. I apologize for the inconvenience of the toilet and will discuss this with our Engineering team. Parking prices in the area can be high, so the third party parking company offers a low but competitive price. Depending on the time of year we offer room rates that include parking. We hope that next time you’re in Fort Lauderdale, you’ll stay with us again.

Andreas A. Ioannou

Write a ReviewReviews (2,879)

Reviewed September 10, 2013

11 of by best vacation days at Florida. Beginning with Housekeeping, passing through valet parking personnel, and ending with the people at front desk. All of them are very nice people and always trying to satisfy our needs. At first my fridge was broken, no silverware and very few cookware, all was solve almost immediately at the first phone call. Congratulations!! I will be back.
One little thing I didn´t like. Parking fee. 25 + tax per night. That is too much.

Room Tip: We were staying at three different suittes, no difference between them. All are outstanding
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Christian G
GALLERYone D, General Manager at GALLERYone - A DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Thank you for rating the GALLERYone a “5”! I’m happy to hear you had a great vacation. We look forward to your return in the future.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

After reading the reviews online I was a bit worried to try out this hotel. But with all my Hilton Honor Points and being just a pre-cruise hotel I thought why not. Well I'm REALLY glad I did! Maybe we got an updated room, but we loved it! Everything was clean and what a view!! We had a king balcony suite waterview and plan on coming back with friends! Next time we want to try the water taxi that stops right at the hotel and will go past mansions and Las Olas. I cannot say we tried breakfast as we opted for just a coffee after a GREAT dinner at Season's 52 at the Galleria Mall nextdoor. Parking was Valet only, but it's Fort Lauderdale. Pretty much all hotels (except the budget ones) are going to charge about $20-$25 to park. There's Iguanas on the property so that's kind of cool. We had a high floor and couldn't really hear the traffic, but we live off a main road back home so maybe that's why. Don't forget free chocolate cookies at check in! :) All in all we had a great time and hope to come back soon. Enjoy the pics which I took with my Iphone. :)

Room Tip: Get a waterview and a high floor if traffic sounds bother you.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LenaMcG
GALLERYone D, General Manager at GALLERYone - A DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

What a great review! Thank you so much for taking time to share your experience and we love the photos. Please visit us again soon as it would be our pleasure to welcome you back.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel numerous times and we have always had a pleasant experience.
Staff is always friendly; and the rooms always clean and well maintained. The location is AMAZING. 2 minute walk to beach; next door to a mall; across the street from Starbucks; and Publixs; many, many restaurants near by. Water Taxi is available right at the hotel...could not ask for a better place to stay. I would not hesitate in the least to stay here again. Keep up the great work and hospitality Gallery One - the staff is AMAZING...

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Seetheworld2008

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! It means so much to us that you had a pleasant experience. I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed our location, the room, and our staff. We hope to have you again in the near future!

Reviewed September 9, 2013

The best thing this hotel has going for it is the view - always request a balcony room overlooking the Intracoastal Waterway with a view of the Atlantic Ocean in the foreground. I have stayed here often when in the area on business. It is a nice break from the "airport hotels" and during off season the price is not bad. Rooms are always clean and the staff helpful. Each suite has a small kitchen area. Drawbacks are for some reason there is an ice machine only on the 4th floor, which is an inconvenience. The restaurant is merely "okay" - but, there are several good options in the area. The valet parking is $25.00 per night. You are also next to a draw bridge - so you hear the announcements of the raising of the bridge each time a yacht, with a high antenna, passes. But, did I mention the VIEW!

Room Tip: High floor with balcony over Intracoastal Waterway
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your loyalty to the GALLERYone! I have to agree that reserving a water view suite is the best way to go and I’m glad that you enjoyed the views from your suite. Thank you for the review and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed September 7, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at Gallery One Hotel during our 7 day vacation.. Everything was perfect. The service was very proffesional. We loved the size of the room with excellent air conditioning and extremely comfortable. Vallet parking was very convenient We liked the location next to ther shopping mall and very close to the beach.
The pool and the service around it was excellent. Fernando (Bar tender from Barcelona, Spain) always went beyond the line of duty and was eager to help in anything we needed.
In summary, we are very happy to have chosen this hotel.
Guillermo and Elisabeth C

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guillermo and Elisabeth,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! Fernando is one of our newest team members and I am so happy to hear that he made your stay more comfortable! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to have you again in the future.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

This hotel is average at best. Ok location near shopping mall, about a mile from the beach, right on the intercostal, but it needs some work internally. Above master bed they have a leather cushion that has been torn and paint has been chipped away. Looked like smeared blood at first glance. One light in the bathroom was missing a cover and tags from someone's clothing were left on the bathroom floor. The room itself is nice, comfortable and seemed clean for the most part. However, when I woke up this morning I thought it was thundering until I looked outside and did not see any clouds. This loud noise I was hearing all morning was when others opened and closed there patio doors!! Also when the AC kicks on it sounds like someone is opening the door which freaked me out last night while trying to fall asleep. Not a good hotel if you are looking to spend some time at the pool. Small and looked dirty. Staff has all been friendly and helpful. Would I stay here again? No.

• Stayed: September 2013
GALLERYone D, General Manager at GALLERYone - A DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Thank you for your candid feedback. Your review concerns us and we would really like the opportunity to speak with you directly. Please call 954-335-4632 at your earliest convenience.