“Stayed here on my wedding night.”

GALLERYone - A DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #36 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Stayed here on my wedding night.”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Hotel was nice with a great view. Most of my guests stayed here, as I was married on a yacht outside the hotel that night. The hotel was not very accomodating for block room rates. They offered me a five dollar discount on each room and wanted me to pay for at least ten rooms up front. I had no idea how many of my guests were going to stay, so I did not go with this quote-un-quote "deal" that was offered. When asked for a better rate, they stated that "they really didn't need my bsuiness". Our room service during the stay came cold and late, because they sent it to the wrong room. Our wedding was amazing and the staff at the hotel was great during my stay other than that Clean room. Spacious. Very nice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
GALLERYone D, General Manager at GALLERYone - A DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for your review of the GALLERYone DoubleTree Suites Fort Lauderdale. I’m glad that you enjoyed your suite and our hotel. I will share your comments in regards to the room block and room service with our Sales and Food & Beverage teams; thank you for making us aware of this. We hope to have you again in the future!

Andreas A. Ioannou

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (525)
  • Turkish first
Snellville, Georgia
Reviewed August 4, 2013

When I visit this property, I normally book a waterfront room. But, last week's visit was for a family vacation; so I booked the 2 bed/2 bath. I was a little skeptical, because these suites were not waterfront rooms. They were more of a water view. The 2 bedrooms did not disappoint! They were spacious & clean. The balcony was spacious as well. I thought the traffic & bridge noise would be a problem. It wasn't. It didn't interfere with our rest at all.
Thanks Gallery ONE!! I hope to see you again in the very near future!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
GALLERYone D, General Manager at GALLERYone - A DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you for review and the high rating of the GALLERYone! It’s wonderful to hear that you enjoyed the two bedroom suite. We love welcoming back our loyal guests and hope to see you in the very near future as well!

Trinidad
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My wife and I just spent 6 nights here. The staff were exceptionally pleasant and helpful. Also the walking distance to the beach and many other attractions including The Galleria Mall, was most convenient.There is a Water Taxi service that docks at the Hotel, every 20-30 minutes, and offers a guided tour of the entire intracoastal waterway,with several stops along the way at Dining spots and The famous Las Olas "the Action Boulevard". I highly recommend this Hotel for your next trip, where the "front staff treat you like family"
Roge

Room Tip: Water View, with balcony is a must. Also the 4th floor has the Ice makers and beverage coolers.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your high rating of a “5” for the GALLERYone DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Fort Lauderdale. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and the convenience of our location. I will share your nice comments with our team! We truly hope to have you again in the future.

New York City, United States
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I love this hotel. I had such a great time. The staff was super helpful and sincerely courteous. They took care of my family of 5. I didn't want to leave. We ate well in the dining room. As well as having breakfast in our own room. Its nice to have your own kitchen with 3 children under the age of 6. To give the kids a bit of normalcy and routine.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your wonderful review about your recent stay at the GALLERYone DoubleTree Fort Lauderdale. It sounds like you had a wonderful time with us and I am so glad to hear that our staff was helpful and courteous. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Childress, Texas
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We spent 6 nights here. First the positive: The location of this hotel is ideal. It is a short walk to the beach and right on the Intracoastal Waterway. We had a water view where we could see the ocean, a big park, and the waterway. It was beautiful. It is great to have a kitchen and separate living area and bedroom. We had our two kids with us so this gave us some separation from each other. The bed was very comfortable and the sofa bed that the kids slept on was adequate.

Now for the negative: This hotel needs some TLC. What the other reviewers said was true. There are holes in the black-out curtains. The headboard was torn up. The carpet appeared very dirty. The bathroom was a nice size, but very poor workmanship on the tile work. There was several tiles in the shower that looked like they could fall out at any minute. Housekeeping skipped our room one night, which was irritating and they didn't leave us towels another night. Doubletree needs to do what the rest of the Hiltons that I've stayed in and that is FREE internet. it is $9.95 PER DEVICE! The fitness center was just ok.

All in all, I would stay here again, because the rooms are really like a small apartment. Just keep in mind that this is by no means a luxury hotel.

Room Tip: Loved the waterview rooms.
5 Thank kristint724
Thank you for your review of the GALLERYone. Your rating of a “3” concerns us and I would like to speak with you directly about your experience. Please contact me at 954-335-4632 at your earliest convenience.

alpharetta, United States
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I thought the entire staff was very helpful. They do an excellent job of remembering their guest by name. I like that. Everyone was very accommodating especially the restaurant staff during breakfast and the parking attendants. Over all I like this Doubletree hotel experience very much

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

1 Thank Kenneth C
Wow! I couldn’t help but smile when I read your review of the GALLERYone DoubleTree Suites Fort Lauderdale. Thank you for your many kind remarks and praise for our staff. I will share your comments with them. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you’re in Fort Lauderdale.

Merseyside, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed here in transit to the MV Allure of the Seas for one night. After a long journey from the UK we were delighted with the welcome (including cookie!) and the suite.

Eating in the hotel, the service was slow and the food average, but we were too tired to bother. We took a drink outside and were amazed with the man made secure beach at the rear of the hotel.

Did not have breakfast there, but took advantage of the Seven Eleven nearby!

Recommended.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review and for recommending the GALLERYone. I’m thrilled to hear you enjoyed your guest suite and our signature DoubleTree Cookie. I will share your comments about the restaurant service with the Food & Beverage team. Thank you for making us aware of it. We hope to see you on your next cruise out of Fort Lauderdale.