I stayed here before a few years back and had a wonderful experience so on this occasion was expecting the same, sadly I was disappointed.
We stayed here for 5 nights from 9 July, we arrived following a 9 hour flight and 3 hr drive and had to ask for towels and bedding as what was in the room was inadequate for 3 people. The next morning I went to have my coffee on the balcony but it was too dirty, one of the chairs was broken and we were on the 3rd floor right beside the bridge with only trees as a view, not what I expected when we were staying for 5 nights in a hotel that is not cheap and supposed to be known for quality. Around the window in the bedroom was filthy, with mouldy black stuff. I am guessing they save the better rooms for the gold and platinum members! Ordinary folk can go jump!
We never received the complimentary water we should have each day, We had one mug between 3 in the kitchen and again had to ask for adequate towels a couple more times ( on 1 day we were left none).
The parking fees are an outrage and alone are enough to put us off ever returning to this hotel, particularly when there is a parking lot right next to it which has been fenced off and is never used (even if this is owned by someone else, there is obviously adequate parking nearby as the valets are never long in bringing your car).
The bar was woefully understaffed at busy times and the wait was, on occasions, rather long.
The fact that a hotel such as the Hilton is still extortionately charging for wi-fi in 2013 when even in the cheapest dive it's free is not on! My partner attempted to access it in the lobby (where it is supposed to be free) and after leaving I noticed it had been charged to our room!
All in all not the best experience I have had in a Hilton and not the standard I expect from them. Why did I not complain whilst there...... A) would it have changed anything? B) I was trying to enjoy my holiday and didn't want to spoil it by listening to excuses from the front desk.
I doubt we will return to this hotel and will favour a cheaper one that works harder for your custom.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly situated on the main Intracoastal Waterway, GALLERYone DoubleTree Suites by Hilton , is the city's premier boutique hotel that exemplifies the casual elegance and sophistication. In a superb location, Gallery One is an easy three block walk to Fort Lauderdale's beautiful sandy beaches and blue Atlantic Ocean, directly adjacent to Galleria Mall - an upscale mall that boasts Neiman Marcus, Saks, Macy's, Dillards, and over 120 special stores PLUS Capital Grille, Seasons 52, P.F. Chang's, and Blue Martini! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your GALLERYone - A DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gallery One - a Doubletree Guest Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Doubletree Fort Lauderdale
- Doubletree Gallery One
- Doubletree Hotel Fort Lauderdale