“Gallery One Ft. Lauderdale” 4 of 5 stars
Review of GALLERYone - A DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel

GALLERYone - A DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #27 of 136 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
St. John's, Canada
“Gallery One Ft. Lauderdale”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Stayed for two nights prior to a cruise. Nice property for that purpose, clean and with a nice breakfast buffet. It is close to both the cruise terminal and the airport. You should make use of the water taxi if you have time.

Room Tip: If available ask for a water view.
1 Thank Leaclif
GALLERYone D, Manager at GALLERYone - A DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for your nice review. I’m glad you enjoyed our breakfast buffet and I will let our Food & Beverage team know. It’s very convenient that we are close to Port Everglades (4 scenic miles) and the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (8 miles). The water taxi is a great way to explore the city. We hope to see you in the future!

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (476)
  • Turkish first
Santa Clarita, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We stayed at the Gallery one hotel in Ft. Lauderdale last week. Pre cruise for 2 nights and post for one.

We took the red-eye out of LA and got into Florida at 6AM. I called the hotel knowing check in was at 11 and asked if we could get in any earlier. They said they'd been full but would try. We had to go there anyway to valet the bags and figured we'd just spend the day on the water taxi that was right out their back door until 3PM's check-in. When we arrived.....they'd found us a room!. None of us (4) slept on the plane so being able to nap was HUGE!

Aasha, the front desk representative is a ray of light.....a piece of spring. She was quite attentive, personable and was so accommodating.

She provided superior customer service to us upon our arrival and throughout our stay.

When we returned post cruise on 4/14, I was greeted with a warm hello and big hug and addressed by name. So many people in and out and to be greeted in this fashion speaks volumes for her customer service skills.

The valet staff were all very helpful in obtaining transportation, securing our luggage when we unable to obtain a later check out. (our plane departed at 7:45PM).....

The hotel is within walking distance to the galleria and a hop-on/hop-off bus that is $2 for the day. It's a great way to get around and see a few sights. The water taxi is right out the back door and it too provides an entire day of sightseeing.

The only complaint I had was the pool. It is way too hot. Anyone who stepped in immediately backed out. I mentioned it to the staff so I hope they turned it down. Was so looking forward to a refreshing dip so I was very disappointed.

Room Tip: We had a suite that overlooked the water the first couple nights. The second suite had a parking lo...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for sharing your experience at the GALLERYone DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Fort Lauderdale. It’s wonderful to hear that Aasha made your stay more enjoyable and the valet team was helpful. It is that very service that she delivers that she was named team member of the month of March. I will share your comments with everyone. I apologize that the temperature of the pool was unpleasant as we try to keep it comfortable for all of our guests. We hope to see you on your next cruise vacation.

Margate, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Excellent hotel, with ideal location right on the Intra-Coastal waterway. Staff was extremely helpful, courteous and professional. Only complaint is that they charge $25 per night for guest parking. I thought that was excessive, especially for guests who are already paying quite a bit to stay at the hotel.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for rating the GALLERYone DoubleTree Fort Lauderdale a “5”! I’m happy to hear that our staff was helpful, courteous and professional! Being so close to the Atlantic Ocean, parking is very limited with all of the hotels in the immediate area so we make sure our rate is competitively priced. We hope to have you again in the future!

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Extremely clean Nicely Decorated Good Food Very Friendly Service Excellent Price~ Very reasonable Everyone was helpful and more than willing to help with a smile on their face. Great location, with a beautiful view. Accessible to water taxi and regular taxi

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Thank you for your review and rating us a “5”! I’m happy to hear that our service and our great amenities made your stay excellent! We hope to see you again soon.

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

furnishings dated but the room was well appointed. The beds were unbelievably comfortable and welcomed on arrival. I can't say enough about the staff. They were very helpful and pleasant from the front desk to the valets.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Thank you for your nice comments. I’m glad you enjoyed our “Sweet Dreams” bed and our amazing team members! We look forward to welcoming you back next time you’re in Fort Lauderdale.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here to go to the Tortuga music fest which was perfect since you can catch the water taxi right at the hotel. Nice breakfast and outdoor bar which has strange limited hours though. Rooms were nice nothing outstanding but solid. Recommend this if you are just sleeping there. Not for special occasion. Staff was very friendly and helpful!

• Stayed April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
GALLERYone D, Manager at GALLERYone - A DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you for your review. We’re glad you got to enjoy the Tortuga Music Festival, hopefully it becomes an annual event on the beach. We’re happy to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast, pool bar and your guest room. We hope to see you again in the future!

Seattle area
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

This is my second time staying here and also my second review of this hotel. We were here a year ago and had a great stay. This time, our stay was not quite the same. I was traveling with my husband, two daughters (9 and 11) and my parents. We had a two bedroom suite and absolutely loved the set up of the room. It was a perfect fit for us and I loved having that center room for us to hang out. The view from our room was nice. We had a view of the water and also the pool area. We were 8 floors up and could see quite a bit. The location of this hotel is perfect and we had no issues getting anywhere even though we didn't have a car. We walked to the Galleria Mall a couple of times (great place to go when it was raining). We walked to a great Mexican restaurant for dinner one night and we took a water taxi to hit all the hot spots in town.

The issues we had were all on the little things but little things add up. First off, we had to pay extra for "extra people" in the room even though it sleeps 8 and we reserved for 6, they still charged us for 2 extra people in the room. Not a huge deal, but the room was not set up for 6 people. We were there for 3 nights and every single day we had to ask for extra towels. If they know 6 people are in the room, they should be set up to accommodate that. It doesn't cost them any extra to add towels and they are going to have to do it anyway since we called and had them bring them up.

The furniture was so worn and banged up. I normally don't notice these things but the dining room chairs were peeling so badly that the little chips of stuff wearing off were getting on our clothes. The chairs on the balcony were so old and crusty that I was afraid to sit in it and have it snap in half with it being so brittle. One of the chairs was also missing a back piece. Really? Why would they even bother keeping them on the balcony? They were not usable. Our microwave was broken and not replaced until the morning we left so we couldn't reheat the pizza that we had ordered from the night before.

Our room had two bathrooms with no extra rolls of TP. There's a huge space under the sink that could fit a spare roll or two but we had none. Not once in the 3 days that we were there did they ever put an extra roll under the sink. We went down to the front desk twice and called house keeping once before someone brought us up an extra roll (just one of course, nothing extra). I had to send my daughters downstairs to use the public bathroom in the lobby since we had no TP. It took over 2 hours to get that one roll of TP. I know these are just little things but c'mon Doubletree, take care of your guests. If I had guests visiting me at my home, I would not leave them hanging for two hours to get a square of TP.

The whole dishwasher thing just rubs me the wrong way. When we arrived the dishwasher was completely packed solid with dirty dishes. I had to run the dishwasher that night so we had some utensils to use the next morning. I don't like the unload the dishwasher at home but it's really annoying unloading a full dishwasher of someone else's dishes! We only had two coffee cups for our room even though we had 4 adults. Again, it's those little things that start irritating you because they are so easily preventable. It's like they are too lazy or just don't care enough to make your stay pleasurable. I got tired of calling down for little things feeling like a nag but I had no choice. I had no TP on me, no extra coffee cups and I'm not an electrician to fix the microwave. I needed to rely on them for all these things.

We went down to the bar one night before dinner to have a drink. It wasn't overly crowded but I'd call it a good sized crowd. There was only one bartender and she had her back turned to the guests most of the time chatting with a co-worker that many people who came up to order a drink eventually just left because they got tired of waiting. I saw 3 or 4 different groups of people wander and back out without getting any service. The bartender never even saw them!

I don't expect perfection and I'm pretty easy going but I got so irritated dealing with all these little issues when they all could have been prevented if they were a little more proactive. My last stay here I thought the staff was so warm and welcoming and accommodating to us. This time I didn't feel that way at all. The staff seemed indifferent and not overly friendly. It was a disappointment after having such a nice stay the year before. It's sad because this hotel has so much potential and could be such a nice place to stay. Next time I'll look elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank Julie U
We appreciate your candid feedback. Your rating of a “2” deeply concerns us as I take all reviews seriously. The level of service that you experienced is unacceptable and certainly not what we are known for delivering. I assure you that I will address your concerns with the respective departments that affected your stay with us and in addition I have contacted you through your Tripadvisor account to discuss further.