My girlfriend and I stayed here a for 2 days after a week long cruise and wanted a few days more to relax before we headed back to the cold north east. The only thing that was nice about this hotel was leaving. The first thing we noticed was the sticky carpet....not nice but not something to cry over, we can just wear our shoes. Then we started to notice just how horrendous this room was. The furniture was peeling and falling apart and there was dust/dirt everywhere. The shower over flowed as soon as you turned it on and the closet handle fell off as soon as I touched it. I thought Ashton kutcher was going to jump out of the bathroom and totally punk us. Fortunately/Unfortunately we used Hotwire to get the hotel so we were told we didn't have any recourse to get any money back. However, regardless of how we acquired the room we are still staying at their hotel and were completely appalled and disgusted by the conditions. You would think they would want to protect the Hilton brand name by trying to make things right. They did not. They did, however, offer us a bottle of wine but we were leaving very early the next day and really didn't want it. We asked if they could provide us a ride to the airport instead since that was something we could actually use. We then requested to talk to the hotel manager after the front desk supervisor(who was very nice) stated there was nothing she could do. At this point all we wanted to do was to talk to the hotel manager about the issue. We left our phone number and met some friends who lived in the area. We never received a call from the manager and had to call back asking about the status of our request. We got no response from him and were offered some breakfast coupons instead even though we told them we were leaving the next morning at 4am....before the breakfast buffet even opened.
I really have never been disgusted by a hotel room like this before, and I've stayed in some pretty cheap motels over the years.
I've attached some of the pics to help get my point across: DO NOT STAY HERE!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly situated on the main Intracoastal Waterway, GALLERYone DoubleTree Suites by Hilton , is the city's premier boutique hotel that exemplifies the casual elegance and sophistication. In a superb location, Gallery One is an easy three block walk to Fort Lauderdale's beautiful sandy beaches and blue Atlantic Ocean, directly adjacent to Galleria Mall - an upscale mall that boasts Neiman Marcus, Saks, Macy's, Dillards, and over 120 special stores PLUS Capital Grille, Seasons 52, P.F. Chang's, and Blue Martini! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your GALLERYone - A DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gallery One - a Doubletree Guest Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Doubletree Fort Lauderdale
- Doubletree Gallery One
- Doubletree Hotel Fort Lauderdale