“Same Great Vibe (and Guac)”

Rocco's Tacos & Tequila Bar - Fort Lauderdale
Reserve with OpenTable
Rocco's Tacos & Tequila Bar - Fort Lauderdale is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 1,346 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Rocco's Tacos offers a true taste of Mexico within a fun casual environment. When you first step through the door you become part of the atmosphere, joining a diverse crowd enjoying flavors picked directly from Mexico. Experience guacamole prepared tableside. Sample from 225 varieties of tequila. Order a margarita with a sour mix you'll taste nowhere else - it's made right on the premises. Rocco's provided a diverse menu with a distinct attention to detail including corn tortillas made by hand and cooked fresh on the Comal in our kitchen, just as they are made in kitchens throughout our neighbors to the south. Prepare for a treat, with the authentic Mexican flavors of Rocco's Tacos. Whether you're looking for a tasty lunch, a destination to build, or a late night fun, you'll find it here. Enjoy.
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

So nothing beats this place's guacamole. It's just that amazing. Fresh, smooth, a perfect compliment for their chips, and just enough of a kick. It's the best I know of. And the overall vibe of the restaurant is second to none for a good time -- and just makes the guac/chip combo that much better!But after a number of visits, I'm somewhat resigned that the main course just won't measure up. Yes, it's a big menu with lots of choices, but I still haven't found what I'm looking for.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Mezcal, a sibling of Tequila made from the Maguey plant (a form of Agave) which is first cooked in pit-ovens then fermented, (by palenqueros, mainly en Oaxaca Mexico) gives it's distinctive smoky and unique flavor, is offered at this modern American version of a Mexican Cantina. Also a great number of Tequilas: from the blancos to the reposados to the añejos and all the way to reserve. Quality drinks that cater to demanding taste buds I must say but enjoyable.Yes, a little priced also, mind you, but then you don't need too imbibe too many of them to appreciate this fine distilled spirit.
The place is energetic with an enthusiastic young crowd. The walls of exposed bricks, is full with a mixture of Mexican iconographic wrestlers, ceremonial masks, neon adorned bicycles and chandeliers, that together, give an eclectic yet distinctive sense of place. If tequila is not your thing you can opt for margaritas, mojitos, caipirinhas, sangria, mojos, vino and cervezas, from bottles and tap. Food is generally good, having all the variations among quesadillas, burritos, grilled chicken and tacos, founding the Mercado of the last to be very flavorful.
With the pulsating music ,high pitch of happy patrons, rivers of beer, tequila and meszal you have the perfect Mexican fiesta!

Reviewed June 24, 2014

We came on a Sunday and had a 30 minute wait in the afternoon..after the wait we promptly were seated outside which was nice. We got the guacamole and had it done medium and it was amazing!!! It was also huge and very filling. My husband also got the cerviche, so along with both of us getting an entree, were were beyond full! :) Very large portions!! We also dined with our 1 year old so it was a kid friendly place.

1  Thank PitBullLover
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Visited Las Olas Blvd and ate here once. Wish I went back again while visiting. It was great food, atmosphere and drinks were awesome. Fun bar scene and great variety of tequila. Service was excellent.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

We thought this place might have been kind of silly, but it was great!! The guacamole was crazy good - and the guy who made it for us table-side was just sooo happy and friendly! I had the "all you can eat" taco's since we were there on a tuesday and that was the special, so I got to sample 4 different taco's - all amazing!! My favorite was the shrimp, but they were all good. Awesome Sangria, too! I'll come back again for sure next time I'm in town!