“Dinner at Rocco's Taco's”

Rocco's Tacos & Tequila Bar - Fort Lauderdale
Reserve with OpenTable
Rocco's Tacos & Tequila Bar - Fort Lauderdale is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 1,332 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Latin, Bar, Spanish
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Rocco's Tacos offers a true taste of Mexico within a fun casual environment. When you first step through the door you become part of the atmosphere, joining a diverse crowd enjoying flavors picked directly from Mexico. Experience guacamole prepared tableside. Sample from 225 varieties of tequila. Order a margarita with a sour mix you'll taste nowhere else - it's made right on the premises. Rocco's provided a diverse menu with a distinct attention to detail including corn tortillas made by hand and cooked fresh on the Comal in our kitchen, just as they are made in kitchens throughout our neighbors to the south. Prepare for a treat, with the authentic Mexican flavors of Rocco's Tacos. Whether you're looking for a tasty lunch, a destination to build, or a late night fun, you'll find it here. Enjoy.
Greenwood, South Carolina
“Dinner at Rocco's Taco's”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Had dinner at Rocco's Tacos in Ft Lauderdale on April 13. Upon arrival the restaurant was crowded and I checked in with the hostess. It was 6pm and there was an approximate 30 minute wait. I was given a pager. I proceeded to the bar.
I ordered a drink and upon arrival, the couple at the bar had their pager go off which opened up their seats at the bar for me. I had one drink and nice conversations with the bartender and decided to have dinner at the bar. i returned my pager to the hostess and settked in at the bar for a very enjoyable evening.
I received a menu and asked for recommendations for an appetizer. The bartenders immediately suggested the street corn so i agreed and my order was placed. The corn arrived hot and tasty and they were certainly correct as it was awesome! I then ordered one each of the a la cart tacos with red rice and beans. The tacos were properly dressed with condiments, hot, fresh and were absolutely wonderful. My favorites were the spicy ground beef, skirt steak and the chrizo.
I had serveral more drinks and asked the bartender to suggest a good sipping tequila. Sje suhhested the Raizul Reposator and it was also very tasty. All in all, a great evening with great food and nice folks there at Rocco's.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“The Guacamole is the Best! Made at Your Table”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

The atmosphere and the food were the best! Clean and fresh. The décor is worth the trip by itself. Friendly staff and huge selection of food. Would definitely go back again!

• Visited December 2012
Fort Worth, Texas
“Would go back sgain”
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

This must a popular place with the locals! On a Wednesday night we had about a 30 minute wait for a table. The food was excellent. However, being from Texas, not used to having to pat extra for chips and "salsa" or having to pay extra for more chips. We had six in our party and one bowl of chips just doesn't go very far. I was also surprised to have to pay extra for my sides with dinner. Portions are plentiful, and were able to order single serving and split with two. Apparently the guacamole is the thing to do. It's done right at the table and it IS the deal. It's really good! I will be back!

Schaumburg, Illinois
“Good meal”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We had the tacos (of course),chips and guac, and sangria. All were very good, and the place had a very good vibe. It was a little crowded (I hear it is common) and a bit hard to hear each other, but the food was good.

Visited April 2013
Asbury Park, New Jersey
“Tableside guacamole, need I say more!”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We went here on a rainy day in Lauderdale and stayed for a few hours! It was packed but we only waited about 30 mins. The tableside quacamole was awesome!! Granted it's not cheap ($12.50 for two people) but it was oh so good. We got the nachos too and a pitcher of margaritas and we were two happy campers for the day!! The decor is cool, and they have a big outdoor seating area right on the Boulevard. Will definitely be back.