“Disappointed”

Michele's Mediterranean Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Bayview Drive
Description: Michele's Dining Lounge, voted "BEST NEW Restaurant in Broward County 2011" offers you chic and comfortable dining. You can enjoy a wide range of culinary experiences from cocktails and tapas to a spectacular dining menu. You may choose an appetizer like Crispy Eggplant cake or a scrumptious entree from NY Strip, Pork Osso Buco, Grouper, Salmon, Beef Short Rib or Penne Alla Vodka just to name a few. Enjoy Happy Hour drinks and $7 Bar Menu specials Monday- Saturday from 5 - 7PM, Dinner is served Monday - Saturday from 5 till. We are closed Sunday except for Special Events.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Disappointed”
Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

I have wanted to try this place out for a while and used a visiting friend as an excuse to visit
Well there was a lovely hostess and the bar was lovely the patrons were attractive well heeled and restaurant atmosphere was sophisticated and comfortable
The service was professional and attentive but the menu was unimaginative and the meal mediocre. My dish was laden with garlic, and being Italian , authentic dishes are rarely so garlicky that overwhelms the main ingredient of the dish .
I would love to try this place again but not until there is a change .

1 Thank tlog

Paris
“Elegant place. Average food.”
Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

This is a smart, well appointed restaurant with an upmarket atmosphere.
We shared a salad starter and I had Pollo Marsalla with a side order of fresh buttered spinach. This is not how one cooks Pollo Marsalla. The chicken tasted like it had been steamed rather than cooked in the sauce and although it was moist, it was slightly undercooked. It tasted rather bland as the marsalla sauce with mushrooms had been slapped on just before serving. So the meat had no flavour and the sauce was too salty. I suppose they use the same add-on sauce for the veal. Mash and vegetables were fine. The buttered spinach were seasoned with too much white pepper... Not italian cuisine at its best.
Charming hostess. Good service.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
“Average, expensive food, poor service - avoid!”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Two couples dining in the restaurant on a Saturday night (primetime) should have been a warning. Ignoring my better judgment upon entering, we entered the mostly empty dining room. Our waiter came to the table after about 5 minutes, did not introduce himself, and asked if we wanted drinks. We immediately got the vibe that he would rather be anyplace else. And there was a problem with our drink order. The wine we ordered was "out," so another choice was ordered. Eventually we were given the original choice which had somehow been "found."

The menu was very plain jane, nothing creative or inspiring here. (I can get chicken marsala or spaghetti and meatballs anywhere.) I also had to ask the waiter if there were any specials. He replied that there were not. A supposed fine dining establishment with no specials on Sat. night - really?

The salad I ordered was good, nothing amazing. The food was served barely warm, not hot. Totally inexcusable as there were exactly three couples eating in the restaurant. I did not make an issue of it because I had already experienced enough here to know that I would not be coming back no matter what. Dessert was OK, again nothing really that you'll be talking about.

One of the worst parts of this dining experience was our server standing behind our table during our entire meal talking with another couple about his other business, blah, blah. It became a very annoying background chatter that is really inappropriate in a (supposedly) upscale restaurant.

The clincher of the night was when, after we had settled the check ($100 for two), the waiter reached across my place setting in front of me to take the check off the table. Is there any reason to do this rather than pick it up after we had left? I suppose he was curious to see how much of tip he was getting. As for tips, I am a 20% guy at least. Unless you dump a plate of food in my lap, you're getting 20%. I gave him about 12%. I feel now that that was really too much.

So, unless you are just going to the lounge side to listen to the very nice piano music/singing, I would avoid eating here at all costs. There are many other fine restaurants in the area, and many which are far, far better values. Go to those instead.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Doug M
fort lauderdale
“great grouper!”
Reviewed October 25, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

this place has the best grouper in town! and I really liked the wine list. If you hit the right night they have a very talented piano player as well.

Visited October 2013
“Was pleasantly surprised!”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We made a reservation here for my friend's 50th b-day party. After making the rsvp, I had read some less than favorable reviews, so went into last night's dinner with a little bit of nervous trepidation. I have to tell you, everything about our meal was perfect. They have a great private room that can hold about 16 people. The restaurant has a very nice ambiance, our server, Raymond, was very attentive and courteous, everyone seemed to enjoy their dinners (I certainly enjoyed mine), and I thought the prices were reasonable. Makes me wonder when I see others who gave this place 1 star?? I, for one, would certainly go back to Michele's..

Visited October 2013