“Excellent meal, lovely interior, great service”
Review of Michele's Mediterranean Grill - CLOSED

Michele's Mediterranean Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Bayview Drive
Description: Michele's Dining Lounge, voted "BEST NEW Restaurant in Broward County 2011" offers you chic and comfortable dining. You can enjoy a wide range of culinary experiences from cocktails and tapas to a spectacular dining menu. You may choose an appetizer like Crispy Eggplant cake or a scrumptious entree from NY Strip, Pork Osso Buco, Grouper, Salmon, Beef Short Rib or Penne Alla Vodka just to name a few. Enjoy Happy Hour drinks and $7 Bar Menu specials Monday- Saturday from 5 - 7PM, Dinner is served Monday - Saturday from 5 till. We are closed Sunday except for Special Events.
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Went to Michele's last night for the Summer Special, 2 for 1 dinner, with 4 friends. We sat at the bar since it wasn't very busy and had a glass of happy hour wine then decided to eat there with the very darling bartender Zach. Zach suggested the fish special, monk fish with a Thai type sauce, and it was excellent. Too bad there is not more business but mid-week in June is not high season. The piano player, Mickey Havens, came in about an hour into our visit and he was charming and quite entertaining. This is definitely a local's place some guy sitting at the bar even got up and did a few songs(don't quit your day job) but I would go back for the food, service and it also has a very nice interior, creamy seating and dark wood. Go, you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed June 11, 2013

I had heard from a few friends that had enjoyed going to "Boys Night Out" at Michele's on Monday evenings. So when a close friend of mine was visiting from Philadelphia, I suggested that we try it out. We arrived at about 7:30 and the hostess took my last name, first name and phone #, which was a little odd. I asked her how long it would be to get a table and she said about 20 minutes. The manager, John, had informed us that Grey Goose cocktails were 1/2 price and they would come and find us and tap us on the shoulder when our table was ready. We had a cocktail and managed over the loud music by the not so talented piano player/singer, to catch up on conversation. When over 1 hour had passed and there were empty tables, I walked over to the hostess to ask why we were not seated. She halfheartedly apologized and showed us to a table. Then after sitting there for a minimum of 8 minutes, with no waiter coming over, not even to pour a glass of water, and I had pointed out to my friend that on the 2 for 1 menu, it stated that 18% gratuity will be added before the discount, which we can surely understand if you are getting decent service, my friend had it. On our way out, I went over to the manager to tell him why we were leaving. His response and I quote was, "I'm sorry, I am going to rip them a new one" . This was not the response I should have received given the circumstances, so between the loud music, lack of service (I also saw that people were waiting very long for their food), and poor management, I will definitely advise everyone I know not to go there.

1  Thank Richard V
Reviewed June 6, 2013

The restaurant is divided with bar on one side and restaurant on the other. It is beautifully designed, with nice large booths or tables. In one of the local papers, you find at your hotel, you will find a coupon for a free dessert. The ad will also mention a nice special, buy one dinner, get one free off of a special menu. It included prime rib, chicken parm, seafood. Only complaint I had was that the prime rib I ordered was supposed to be medium well. I ate about half of the large portion, but found the other half was on the rare side. The waiter talked to his manager and they took half off the cost of my dinner. My wife's dinner was free and they gave us one free dessert with my coupon. The restaurant does have a nice quality food, along with live entertainment. I would definitely go back here again and heartily recommend.

1  Thank snagelberg
Reviewed June 2, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed our first visit to this local dinner club. It seems to appeal to an older crowd (60+) with the live entertainment, booth seating, and dim lighting. We each had pasta as entrees and found the portions and pricing reasonable, and the food delicious. Service was attentive, and not obtrusive. Unfortunately, for a Sat. Night, the restaurant was near empty creating a low energy level.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Always brought my guests to Micheles when they were visiting & always enjoyed it. Loved the bar & bartenders. Food was generally good too.We were never disappointed. Friends in turn always give us gift certificates to our special places. One was for Micheles for $150.00. It was sent Mar 31 2012 & came in mail with a lovely note from John D'elia gen. mgr., telling us our friend wanted to send us a very nice gift. It did say valid for 1 yr. But we left for NJ few weeks later & forgot about it. When I came across it this season it was Apr & 1 week past the date. I immediately made a reservation & did tell hostess about gift cert. & it being expired just 1 week wanting to make sure it was ok, never thinking it wasn't. Donna came back on & said it would be valued at half. I didn't think that was right & gave her my name & number & she assured me mgr would return my call next day. That was 1 month ago I also sent an email (under contact us) on their website. Had it been 2 yrs expired I could understand, not 1 week. We were just with friends who misplaced her xmas gift card to another restaurant on Oakland & owner couldn't have been nicer. He said on phone not to worry about it. He came to table & said he'd take his chance on being beat out of $100. He appreciates his customers Couldn't have been nicer. Sad to say when friends come to town we'll be everywhere but Micheles. We've been in the restaurant/bar business for many yrs & but for accounting headaches, you would never turn a customer away for an expired gift certificate. Your losing that customer, the person who sent the gift & everyone else that they tell.

1  Thank Joyh49