“As good as it gets!”
Review of Market 17

Market 17
Reserve with OpenTable
Market 17 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 1,330 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Eisenhower Blvd & 17th St
Transit: Water Taxi & Bus
Description: Market 17 is proud to be serving delicious, creative dishes that are literally from the farm right to the tables of our diners. We call this "wine country cuisine" because the emphasis is on fresh, clean food from top purveyors along with an abundant wine list. For the more adventurous diner, Market 17 offers 'dining in the dark'. It is our chefs table in a private room that allows a new way to experience food. Once your sight is turned off, all the other senses are heightened. It's a fun and unique experience to enjoy our food. (Due to limited seating, reservations for dining in the dark can be requested via open table notes but are not guaranteed. Please call 954.835.5507 to confirm dining in the dark reservation requests.) Our menu will change daily and we'll always offer amazing tasting menus for you to sample what the chef has created. Come and experience for yourself what all the buzz is about!
Oceanside, California
“As good as it gets!”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Tonight marked my second visit to Market 17, and as before, I was thoroughly pleased. The wine list was excellent and the prices were very reasonable. The service was prompt and elegant, and our server knew the menu inside and out. We ordered a charcuterie platter for the table. I liked that one could order an entree in a tasting size. so, rather than a salad, I opted for the stuffed eggplant tasting for my starter, and the duck leg for my entree. Others in my party had the tenderloin, kale salad, pork belly, shrimp, chicken and short rib. All dishes were beautifully presented and generous. We topped off our meal with coffee…really GOOD coffee…and their version of a Napoleon. OMG! It was so good, I nearly ordered one to go. This is definitely a place to which we will return.

getawaygator
“A bit pricey but worth it”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Food was delicious. If you have a drink or two, be ready for a $100 bill for two or so. They have two portion sizes for each entree...tasting & entree. I was thinking tasting would be super small, but colleagues ordered this and it would be plenty for a lady. My entree portion was two fish filets. Tasting was one. It is pricey but the food was amazing. And it is just a walk across the street from the Hilton Marina if you are staying there.

Visited May 2014
Dania Beach, Florida
“Epic Awesomness”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Well not quite. But certainly one of the best restaurants in all of South Florida.
The menu isn't what you would call bursting with options but the dishes they do serve are highly original and thoughtfully prepared. I would compare it with some of the boutique type restaurants in the Seattle area. Rabbit, Antelope, Spetzle... they have items you won't find anywhere else in the area.
Price is above average but not what you would pay at some of the high end steak houses.
If you are looking for super sized portions don't bother.
Desserts were unfortunately not impressive. But the food is so good they still get the 5 big ones.

Wayne, New Jersey
“Dining in the dark”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

We tried the dining in the dark experience, loved it. The server was great and his enthusiasm for it was well received. The food is great, and the whole dining in the dark, it is dark by the way, is a different and fun experience.

Visited May 2014
Boca Raton, Florida
“What a lovely find”
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Innovative chef, great service, not noisy, I am surprised I haven't discovered this restaurant earlier. Good for intimate dinner or group setting. Menu is changing daily and I recommend using the phone to read as lights are dim at some tables.