“My new addiction = Market 17 and Kimi's Famous Espresso Martini”
Review of Market 17

Market 17
Reserve with OpenTable
Market 17 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 1,374 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Eisenhower Blvd & 17th St
Transit: Water Taxi & Bus
Description: Market 17 is proud to be serving delicious, creative dishes that are literally from the farm right to the tables of our diners. We call this "wine country cuisine" because the emphasis is on fresh, clean food from top purveyors along with an abundant wine list. For the more adventurous diner, Market 17 offers 'dining in the dark'. It is our chefs table in a private room that allows a new way to experience food. Once your sight is turned off, all the other senses are heightened. It's a fun and unique experience to enjoy our food. (Due to limited seating, reservations for dining in the dark can be requested via open table notes but are not guaranteed. Please call 954.835.5507 to confirm dining in the dark reservation requests.) Our menu will change daily and we'll always offer amazing tasting menus for you to sample what the chef has created. Come and experience for yourself what all the buzz is about!
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Our new favorite weekend restaurant is Market 17. Each and every time we have gone there, it has been really, really good. I am a vegetarian so I have only tried the vegetarian meal but it has always been good. Even though I have ordered it frequently, it is always something new and different. My husband occasionally eats fish and the items he has ordered have also been good. But my new addiction is the Espresso Martini. If you like Espresso or coffee, this drink is dangerously good.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We chose Market 17 based on a recommendation of the club level concierge staff at the Ritz Carlton Fort Lauderdale. They had attended a dining in the dark here - and could not say enough good things about the restaurant. While we were not able to "dine in the dark" - I can say I'm actually happy we didn't - the food was so beautifully presented, I would not have wanted to miss it. We were seated immediately and greeted by our happy and friendly waiter. We ordered a particular vodka - which we found out they did not have - but the bartender came right over, apologized and offered an alternative that we were very happy with. Our meals started with the recommended Baby Arugula and Duck Confit Salad for me and the Local Farm Greens Salad for hubby. Both were delicious - but I think I got the better salad - only because the blend of flavors from the walnuts, pulled duck and glazed pearl onions was so fantastic. The chef really works to blend flavors and bring out the real taste of this terrifically fresh fare.
Hubby was interested in fresh fish, and there was a Locally Caught Dorado that was still in season. I chose to try the Grilled Grass-fed Tenderloin. Both came beautifully presented and the accompaniments were as delicious as the featured protein on the plate. Hubbys roasted Sweet potatoes had a beautiful carmelization that just complemented the natural sweetness of the potato. My Tenderloin has roasted Cauliflower and sautéed Kale which was tasty and delicious. We ended the meal with a Chocolate brownie, topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a nice warm house made sauce - It was a fantastic way to end this delicious meal. Hubby and I both agreed that this was one of the best meals we have ever eaten - We highly recommend Market 17. As a side note - this building is very near the cruise ship port, so if cruise passengers are staying at the nearby hotels it would be very convenient. Start your vacation off right with a visit to this fabulous restaurant.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

It was amazing...i will be doing this every year for my birthday! I highly recommend bringing people that enjoy food and are willing to eat anything. (I noticed all the bad reviews were from vegetarians)

Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Coming from Chicago where we have access to some of the best restaurants in the world it was great to come to Fort L and have such a great dining experice. We came with our 1.5 yr old son. Service was excellent and loved that we were not snubbed because of our little guy! We had venison sausage, salami and a phenomal Brie to start. Also had the farm egg which was ok. Had the dorado fish, beef tenderloin and the market harvest risotto. Food was good only complaint was that it was a little salty. Wine recommendation was good (we took advantage of 1/2 price wine wed)!!! Overall, great dining experience!

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We went my friend and me to have our annual birthday's dinner.
The food was super, with a wide menu out of ordinary restaurant. The server was very helpful and knew what was the best for us, and he was right. And for people who like to taste new wines they have an extended wines' list from producers of all around the world, with even one Pinot noir from Switzerland, Cottagnoud Valais. I was surprised because almost nobody know that Switzerland produce excellent wine.

The cost was what we should expect from a restaurant of this quality, not cheap but neither over priced. I definetly will go back there.