“EVERYTHING was delicious!”
Review of Market 17

Market 17
Reserve with OpenTable
Market 17 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 1,357 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Eisenhower Blvd & 17th St
Transit: Water Taxi & Bus
Description: Market 17 is proud to be serving delicious, creative dishes that are literally from the farm right to the tables of our diners. We call this "wine country cuisine" because the emphasis is on fresh, clean food from top purveyors along with an abundant wine list. For the more adventurous diner, Market 17 offers 'dining in the dark'. It is our chefs table in a private room that allows a new way to experience food. Once your sight is turned off, all the other senses are heightened. It's a fun and unique experience to enjoy our food. (Due to limited seating, reservations for dining in the dark can be requested via open table notes but are not guaranteed. Please call 954.835.5507 to confirm dining in the dark reservation requests.) Our menu will change daily and we'll always offer amazing tasting menus for you to sample what the chef has created. Come and experience for yourself what all the buzz is about!
Reviewed February 12, 2013

My husband and I, and our friends, dined at Market 17 on Saturday (2/9) for the first time. I cannot say enough good things about this restaurant. Judging from our friends' comments, they felt the same way. The service was very attentive and the food was excellent, from appetizers, to entrees, to desserts and coffee. I especially like the choice of a small plate or a full plate. I did not go home feeling as if I had eaten the side of beef, and I enjoyed every morsel.The ambiance was very nice; we ate on the outside patio and it was lovely. We will be back to try the inside and maybe even the dark room!

Reviewed February 12, 2013

I was surprised both to find a farm to table restaurant in this area, and equally surprised that it was so good. This is the best food I have had yet in the area, and I have been coming here for a number of years in the winter. The restaurant is not easy to find and the patio looks out onto a parking lot and traffic on the road, but that's not all that unusual for Florida. The room is lovely however and serene.

The food was so well prepared and so tasty that I almost can't wait to go back. I love that they have half portions of entrees so you can have several dishes without getting too stuffed. I had a fish dish that was fresh, original, and perfectly flavored. The appetizers and the wine were just as good and the service was spot on. A perfect evening. I hope Fort Lauderdale and the Miami area becomes more involved in serving local, organic, well conceived cuisine.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

We just returned home from 4 days in Fort Lauderdale and we had dinner 2 times at Market 17.
I'm a big fan of their farm fresh veggies, and free range, grass fed, meats and I LOVE that I could chose a small size of their entree and eat every bite of my entire delicious meal!! The Heirloom tomato salad was something I won't forget in a long time (I don't think the tomatoes could have been sweeter), my steak was cooked med-rare to perfection, and wow, the creme brulee was the best I have tasted, and I live in Montreal!
Aaron and his team are excellent, there is a great vibe, the wine list is excellent, and the food is totally delicious!! Thank you Market 17!!

1  Thank Corinne H
Reviewed February 10, 2013

This is a beautiful restaurant in a weird location. It is tucked away in a center off 17th street but it is worth the drive. I'm sure you could walk from the beach if you wanted though. We went for happy hour...what a great deal. Half off drinks and all appetizers. We saved $40 at least by taking advantage of happy hour specials. Happy hour is daily from 4-7 and is the perfect time to eat for me. Kimmy at the bar was so very helpful and recommended lots of great dishes. She was right every time. The food is beautiful and delicious. The menu changes frequently as they only use local foods in their dishes. Great concept. Definitely check this place out while in FLL. The petite entrees were a great size so we could taste a few different dishes.

1  Thank wvu22
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Highly recommended, especially the "dark" room. Not being able to see all the deliciousness makes you appreciate it even more! Be prepared, you have to eat sans utensils in this room. The food is excellent, the chef is accommodating to food sensitivities, and the blend of favors is unique and absolutely wonderful!