“Unique experience!”
Review of Market 17

Market 17
Reserve with OpenTable
Market 17 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 1,330 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Eisenhower Blvd & 17th St
Transit: Water Taxi & Bus
Description: Market 17 is proud to be serving delicious, creative dishes that are literally from the farm right to the tables of our diners. We call this "wine country cuisine" because the emphasis is on fresh, clean food from top purveyors along with an abundant wine list. For the more adventurous diner, Market 17 offers 'dining in the dark'. It is our chefs table in a private room that allows a new way to experience food. Once your sight is turned off, all the other senses are heightened. It's a fun and unique experience to enjoy our food. (Due to limited seating, reservations for dining in the dark can be requested via open table notes but are not guaranteed. Please call 954.835.5507 to confirm dining in the dark reservation requests.) Our menu will change daily and we'll always offer amazing tasting menus for you to sample what the chef has created. Come and experience for yourself what all the buzz is about!
Florida
“Unique experience!”
Reviewed July 19, 2011

Went to Market 17 this last weekend with my husband to try out their dining in the dark. The idea from dining in the dark comes from Europe, and this was the first restaurant I saw in the US that offered this experience. I absolutely wanted to try it out.
My husband was a little hesitant at the beginning, of not seeing what the food looks like infront of him.
We had a 6 course tasting menu paired with wines. Everything was delicious. The fun thing about this concept is, that you sit in a pitch black room and have no idea what you get served (you can even eat with your hands if you wish), and you really have to use your sense of touch and your sense of taste to positively idendify the food you are eating. And it is really not that easy!! After every course the server asks you what you think you just ate, and then tells you what it really was. It is really a unique experience.
Our server was great and very knowledgeable, and I absolutely will return, next time probably with a larger group, which I think makes the experience even better.

• Visited July 2011

Rockville, Maryland
“Fresh ingredients, great ambiance”
Reviewed July 5, 2011

What a great date night destination! Husband and I went to Market 17 during our recent vacation to Ft. Lauderdale. Although it was a last minute pick, it didn't disappoint. You can tell that the staff take its menu and ingredients seriously. Started off with the market salad and grilled cheese. I swear the cheese had crack in it...it was that scrumptious. I had the petite seafood fettuccini, husband had some type of fish, split a side of rissotto. Ended the night with Monkey Bread and banana ice cream. Delish.

Menu changes daily based on the ingredients they get. Truely a great eating experience. A bit pricey but worth a special night out.

• Visited July 2011
Fort Lauderdale, FL
“Our new go-to”
Reviewed May 6, 2011

My husband and I are very strict about what we eat which limits the number of restaurants we can visit when we decide to eat out. Luckily, Market 17 offers farm fresh food. Their menu listed where all their ingredients came from and their staff is quite knowledgeable for which we were quite grateful.

The food was superb. I ordered the small portion and took some home so I could try the monkey bread. My food was even better the next day!! Very colorful presentation with incredible taste and attention to savory details.

We will go here again and again!

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Amazing Food, Great Date Night”
Reviewed May 3, 2011

My husband and I went to Market 17 to celebrate his birthday. We chose this restaurant based on a recommendation from one of my husband's patients. We were not disappointed. The food is so incredible! It's a little pricey - but if you are into food and wine, it is well worth it.

Our server was very knowledgeable and friendly. He explained everything to us and they were very accomodating of our food allergies. We opted for the 4 course tasting menu with wine pairings. This runs about $65/person, but you get a decent sized portion of food and about a 3 oz pour of wine. It's "chef's choice" when you do the tasting menu, for both the food and the wine. All you get to pick is salad or appetizer, poultry or fish, etc. for each course. However, the staff is very accomodating and won't serve you an item if you are allergic or simply don't eat something on that day's menu. Also, the menu changes daily.

We had a wonderful dinner and will definitely be back the next time we have a special occasion to celebrate.

• Visited April 2011
Pembroke Pines, Florida
“The SunSentinel review is right on!!”
Reviewed April 28, 2011

I made reservations after reading the sunsentinel review and was happy to see that it was right on. The service was outstanding from the beginning to the end..As for appetizers I ordered the stuffed zuchini squash flowers(item you rarely see in restaurants) and was impressed with the flavor.. My husband and I were disppointed with the ceviche. It tasted good, but the fish which were limited and small to size and was overpowered by excessive accompaniments. As for the entrees, I ordered the bison and my husband the roasted pork loin...Wow!! Delicious!! I would have licked the plate..The dessert(monkey bread) was OK...the bread was little dry...Overall I will def return to the restaurant..If it wasn't for the ceviche and dessert, I would have given it a 5 star rating. please try this place out...the organically grown cuisine is amazing in taste, you will not be disappointed.

• Visited March 2011