“Good Food Poor Service”

Cuisines: Hawaiian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We were wondering the street when we stumbled upon da big kahuna. the atmosphere looked fun! the menu was great! My order ended up coming up wrong and it took awhile for our waitress to come back so I asked a different waitress. I told her I was aware that she wasn't my waitress, but she rolled her eyes and me and made me wait for the correct waitress. Myself a waitress I was pretty upset and that ruined my experience.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Had a great view of the beach and ocean from our patio seats.
Here's what we liked:
+ Menu size and variety (pork, rice, and other Hawaiian dishes were great)
+ Great location. Right on the beach but high enough up to not see too much of the traffic.
+ Reasonably priced...not too expensive $10 to $20 pp
Disliked:
- Service was just ok
- Bathrooms were filthy...this always concerns me. If a restaurant doesn't care enough to keep their bathrooms clean for customers, how sanitary is the kitchen??

Reviewed January 11, 2013

We decided to host a small gathering before our wedding on December 27th at the Big Kahuna in Ft Lauderdale. After all the hectic and stressful planning, we wanted a laid back no-hassle place to gather some friends, have some nibbles and drinks.

The chef did an amazing job accommodating us with some great food and amazing cocktails.

We really wanted to thank everyone at Big Kahuna for accommodating us so quickly and for the great service!

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Went for dinner and it was next door to Hooters. We assumed we were picking the lesser of two evils - foodwise! Boy were we surprised! The food was fantastic, the fish was fresh, the salads were large, the service was great! Sit upstairs for ocean and sunset views. It id did not disappoint!

Reviewed December 30, 2012

We were staying at the Westin (about 2 blocks away) pre-cruise. Our room wasn't ready and the staff at the Westin said to "go right" (withing walking distance) and there were all types of places to eat and drink. We decided on this establishment as we wanted seafood. We had a blast (2 couples). Our waitress, Jackie, was awesome. We ended up drinking their Tequilla Sunrises, special pricing and enjoyed appetizers (enough to share) and their shrimp and fish. We stayed close to 3 hours. We had a table on their outside bar area and had a great view of the beach (right across the street). It was a warm day, but cloudy. Otherwise we would have been poolside at the Westin. So, needless to say, this was a pleasant surprise. We would definitely visit this restaurant in the future. Decorated for the Holidays and great music. We saw tons of people come/go (young, older, vacationers, residents). So, you know it's a good place when you see the locals hanging out!

1  Thank Joyce O