“Great find!”

The Grateful Palate
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: The Grateful Palate is one of the top fine dining restaurants in Fort Lauderdale, featuring a Wine and Liquor Bar/Lounge, exclusive private dining options and specialized catering in the Fort Lauderdale and South Florida area.
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Have been traveling to Fort Lauderdale on business for years and only just found this place, will definitely be back. Nice atmosphere, from the comfortable "lounge" with music at exactly the right volume, to the dining area. Food was excellent and very nicely presented. Service was friendly and efficient. Booked very easily through Open Table.

1  Thank cavedodger

Reviewed January 18, 2013

I have to be honest I have been there before. Tonight, everything was once again perfect.
They have added a full liquor bar which is a plus. They do offer a Happy Hour which is a great value. You get what you pay for. Their menu changes frequently which is a bonus. And I have to say, the long time staff makes it memorable.

3  Thank TOCSOG
Reviewed January 11, 2013

This restaurant was such joy. We arrived at 6:45 pm, 15 minutes late. The hostess remembered my name from early this day when I made reservatation. The music was very loungy, which we love. I could hear my husband speak. We oredered the special, red snapper. It was to die for......loved it! The waitress, Isabelle, checked on us frequentley. My husband and I were plesantly surprised considering where this restaurant is located ( 17th causeway, toursist trap). It is not inexpensive, we had bottled water, one alcohol drink a peice, and the red snapper each......$160.00 with a tip.......well worth the money. GREAT EXPERIENCE. We will definateley go again.

5  Thank Nikki M
Reviewed December 16, 2012

What seemed like a hole in the wall turned out to be my newest favorite restaurant. Food was delicious and creative. I ordered the Mini Lump Crab Cakes; succulent chunks of crab meat that made me smile. My main course was the Braised Short Ribs; equally delicious.
The wine list is extensive, and overall, the vibe is cool and cozy. I'll be back for sure.

2  Thank Griddy_B_TA
Reviewed December 9, 2012

We finally got a chance to try this place for the first time, by chance, one rainy Thursday evening. Otherwise, without reservations, I'm sure we would not have gotten a table by just walking in. And we were lucky we did! From start to finish everything was fantastic! They have an exceptional wine list, but our waiter was also the assistant sommelier and very knowledgeable. His wine pairing recommendations were spot on with our food selections. My steak was one of their nightly specials and was better than any steakhouse that I have been to. My date’s entree, Shrimp Truffle Mac &Cheese, is one of their standard offerings and she loved it. The jumbo shrimp were cooked perfectly and were served separately from the pasta. I will definitely order this for myself the next time we go. The taste of the truffle oil on the shrimp did not get lost in the mac & cheese and was wonderful! Every item on their dessert menu is tempting, and our two were delicious. The food not only tastes fantastic, but it's presentation is very artistic creative. Although this place is a little pricey, it is worth the money and we will definitely go back.

1  Thank jbs656