“Lucky Night”

The Grateful Palate
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: The Grateful Palate is one of the top fine dining restaurants in Fort Lauderdale, featuring a Wine and Liquor Bar/Lounge, exclusive private dining options and specialized catering in the Fort Lauderdale and South Florida area.
Jacksonville, Florida
“Lucky Night”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

On a recent weekend in south Florida for Miami football we had made a reservation at a much lauded place in South Beach. This was my back up plan if we couldn't get down there in time and that's exactly what happened. What a stroke of luck that 1) we ended up here and 2) we were able to walk in on a Friday night and get a seat at the bar. We had a lovely bottle of wine (and the selection is most unique) and the tamarind glazed pork belly (to die for) to start and also got lucky 3) stone crab claws with the best mustard ever! We loved every thing about this place and cannot wait to go back--it will be our "go to" whenever we are in the area. The staff is super friendly (which isn't always the case in a setting like this if you are not a "local") and even introduced us to a couple who are frequent patrons sitting with us at the bar! We were so glad circumstances landed us here--don't react as my husband did when you see the unimposing exterior--fabulous-ness awaits you inside!!!

• Visited November 2012

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Excellent Fine Dining”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

The food, the wine, the atmosphere indoors is excellent. I wish I could pick this restaurant up and place it beach front to replace one of the many, many mediocre beachfront restaurants in Fort Lauderdale. Very good quality, great presentation, excellent flavors. This restaurant has never failed to impress me and I have been 3 or 4 times.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank FoodieGirl50
Miami, Florida
“Top Notch”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Best restaurant in South Florida.

Everything from the ambiance to the food to the staff is incredible. We didn't have reservations on a busy Saturday night, so we chose to sit at the chef's bar- Which gave us a birds eye view of the kitchen. It was an amazing experience. Not only did we get to sample dishes as we chatted with the executive chef, but we were able to witness how the kitchen operates and the levels of perfection that they try to attain with every dish.

We started with the cheese plate, which was a tasty concoction of brie, port cheddar, danish blue and Manchego, with a mango chutney jelly/honey that was to die for.

The Conch sliders were unique and inventive.. Filled with flavor and in between two perfectly fried plantains. The best method to eat these gems is to squeeze the plantain chips. The conch tasted great with hints of lime and onion in combination with salty plantain and occasional sweetness that seeps out.

We were given samples of scallop ceviche and pork belly in a basil / parsley oil sauce. Both amazing.

Both main courses were great. My fiance had Sea Bass which was cooked to perfection with a mushroom ragout, while I had a tenderloin with chocolate mole sauce and a bacon infused polenta that tasted more like a biscuit full of goodness.

After the fairly large meal we were ready to burst, but since we were sitting at the chefs bar/table, we were offered two additional desserts on top of the one we ordered. The indulgence stole the show with various flavors of ice cream topped with melted meringue that resembled a marshmallow.. The chef also recommended Lavender ice cream, which we passed on.. However, a large scoop was brought out with dinner. Simply amazing . I never thought a fragrance such as lavender would go so well in a dessert. Finally, we were given a bread pudding in a date sauce which was simply to die for.

Overall, I would rank the experience a 10 out of 10. Sitting at the chefs table was a culinary treat. I will be going back soon.

• Visited August 2012
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Cuisine that lets me brag to visitors -- bring them here!”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I have to echo what another reviewer said -- don't let the exterior of the restaurant mislead you. GP has been a never fail experience for me with wonderful food and service. Consistently good quality - high level of attention to detail - fresh ingredients. Modern, simple decor and the name sounds fancy but the environment is by no means pretentious. If you have not checked it out -- include it on your list. I bring visitors here to demonstrate some of the better cuisine in our community.

• Visited July 2012
Knoxville, Tennessee
“live music and good food”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Atmosphere and decor were nice and the girl singing her own rendition of classics, blues and rock on her piano made the evening an experience.

The main course of scallops and the burger were fantastic.

I'd avoid temptation to order the "trio of fries" (shoestring, sweet, yucca) as it isn't worth the price (and burger comes with yucca fries anyway) as well as the cheese plate which was less than impressive.

The crab cakes appetizer were very good.

The Prisoner wine was reasonable at $70 and delicious.

Oh, the highlite for me was the in-house Lychee sorbet.

I'd go back but have the wine, crab cakes and 2 mains for two people vs trying lots of the well described menu items that may entice you.

• Visited September 2011