“Disappointing / But to be fair”

Trata Greek Taverna
Reserve with OpenTable
Trata Greek Taverna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #220 of 1,330 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Ottawa
“Disappointing / But to be fair”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Informed the waiter that I was allergic to gluten/wheat and then ordered the grilled octopus and Greek Paella.

The octopus arrived and was the best I have ever had anywhere, tasty and tender.

When the Paella was served, the rice looked strange so I asked the waiter what it was, ORZO not OUZO. As orzo is a wheat pasta, it is toxic to my system. I told the waiter that unfortunately, I could not eat it. He didn’t seem to know what to do; he eventually asked if I would like to order something else from the menu. I ordered the same thing but this time with rice. The Paella was good.

But surprise! When the bill arrived, we were charged for the two plates of Paella ($30x2), plus the tax, plus an automatic 18% gratuity on the whole thing ($202.68). No sympathy here! We weren’t even offered a reduction. I understand it was partly my fault for mistaking orzo for ouzo but the waiter should have known that orzo is made of wheat.

An expensive lunch!

• Visited February 2014
4 Thank Andre L

Peoria, Illinois
“A dining jewel amongst some CZ on Las Olas Blvd.”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

My husband and I had a delicious relaxing dinner here. The atmosphere is lovely, the staff is professional and friendly and the food is delicious and authentic. There is outdoor seating available a nice bar and covered city parking behind the building. There are numerous eating establishments along this street of galleries and shops. This one not to miss!

• Visited February 2014
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Fine Dining on Las Olas!”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

We were going to the theatre and I asked my friend Carol to name a decent restaurant close by. Pretty little restaurant serving very good food. The lamb chops were excellent as was the great and very warm service. Deserts just wonderful! This was our first visit, we will return!

Visited January 2014
Quebec City, Canada
“Great food but too expensive.”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We went there because we had a coupon giving us a good discount.

This place is located in a very busy street and since we were almost late for our reservation we decided to park just beside the restaurant which cost us about 14$.

The restaurant has a nice ambiance and the food was great. We had the saganaki appetizer which was extraordinary and is a must if you go. The main courses were also very good. My wife ordered a greek salad and the falafel and both were good. I tried the lamb shank youvetsi and it was really really good. Very tender and very tasty. My parents had the salmon and the kebob and they both liked it. The portion were generous. The service was a little "rush" but it is understandable since the restaurant was full.

On the bad side, be aware of the 18% gratuity added to the bill automatically, even if it is not mentioned anywhere. I hate it when a restaurant does that. Gratuity should never be impose on a bill since it exists to reward good service. If the restaurant add the gratuity automatically, the service is usually worse. Moreover, if you do not pay attention to your bill, you could "double-tip".

So all in all we had a great time and we ate very well, but I would not go back without a coupon because the regular price are really too expensive for what you get. You could run a pretty high bill if you want soup, dessert, wine, etc…

But if money is no object, it is worth a try.

• Visited December 2013
3 Thank Marco
new york
“We love it!”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

While spending short vacation in Fort Lauderdale we visited Trata Greek Taverna on Las Olas Boulevard for dinner, and the food was great as was the service. The hot appetizer grilled octopus was perfect, I tried before in other Greek restaurants and this on the scale 1-10 I would give 10+, it was cook to perfection. And for main dish was another perfectly cook whole fish of the day – Branzino fish. Our waiter was Valentine, he was very polite and helping us with our selections. Next two days we made reservations in other restaurants and my wife told me we should better visited this Greek place again. We used a restaurant.com certificate to bring the cost down a bit, and we will definitely return on our next trip to Fort Lauderdale.

• Visited January 2014