“Great food but too expensive.”

Trata Greek Taverna
Reserve with OpenTable
Trata Greek Taverna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #282 of 1,349 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We went there because we had a coupon giving us a good discount.

This place is located in a very busy street and since we were almost late for our reservation we decided to park just beside the restaurant which cost us about 14$.

The restaurant has a nice ambiance and the food was great. We had the saganaki appetizer which was extraordinary and is a must if you go. The main courses were also very good. My wife ordered a greek salad and the falafel and both were good. I tried the lamb shank youvetsi and it was really really good. Very tender and very tasty. My parents had the salmon and the kebob and they both liked it. The portion were generous. The service was a little "rush" but it is understandable since the restaurant was full.

On the bad side, be aware of the 18% gratuity added to the bill automatically, even if it is not mentioned anywhere. I hate it when a restaurant does that. Gratuity should never be impose on a bill since it exists to reward good service. If the restaurant add the gratuity automatically, the service is usually worse. Moreover, if you do not pay attention to your bill, you could "double-tip".

So all in all we had a great time and we ate very well, but I would not go back without a coupon because the regular price are really too expensive for what you get. You could run a pretty high bill if you want soup, dessert, wine, etc…

But if money is no object, it is worth a try.

3  Thank Marco

Reviewed January 20, 2014

While spending short vacation in Fort Lauderdale we visited Trata Greek Taverna on Las Olas Boulevard for dinner, and the food was great as was the service. The hot appetizer grilled octopus was perfect, I tried before in other Greek restaurants and this on the scale 1-10 I would give 10+, it was cook to perfection. And for main dish was another perfectly cook whole fish of the day – Branzino fish. Our waiter was Valentine, he was very polite and helping us with our selections. Next two days we made reservations in other restaurants and my wife told me we should better visited this Greek place again. We used a restaurant.com certificate to bring the cost down a bit, and we will definitely return on our next trip to Fort Lauderdale.

1  Thank rigonda
Reviewed January 11, 2014

This is a really nice restaurant on Las Olas Boulevard. I don't know much about Greek cuisine but I really enjoyed the food here. The seafood plates were very good, but what I like the most is their MOUSAKA. Yummy!

Reviewed January 9, 2014

While vacationing here in Ft. Lauderdale we decided to treat ourselves to lunch at a Greek restaurant - and what a veritable treat it was! Trata Greek Taverna on Las Olas Boulevard has to be one of the most authentic and genuine Greek restaurants that I have ever eaten in outside of Greece. The food is absolutely impeccable and true to original Greek recipes. Amongst others, we ordered the Santorini mussels and saganaki which were absolutely delicious. We chose a white wine from Santorini to accompany our numerous dishes and were quite pleased with our selection. If you are looking for a genuine Greek dining experience in Ft. Lauderdale, you need not look any further.

1  Thank musiquedonaldo
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

I am always skeptical when eating at Greek Restaurants, being Greek and growing up in the restaurant business. Overall great experience, food and service was great! The Saganaki dishes were superb the apps with the spreads were home made. My family loved it!!