“The best”

Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best”
Reviewed February 18, 2011

I went with Captain Kunta and Matt and had a great time. We caught 8 fish and the crew made the experience everything. It is a great Ft Lauderdale event. The boat itself is impressive. Big, beautiful and a nice flat screen TV. I am going to fish with them again in March. Catch em up!!

Visited January 2011
1 Thank jimbertrand

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A fish story we'll never forget!”
Reviewed February 12, 2011

The 53' Hatteras known as Main Event Sportfishing in Fort Lauderdale gave my family and I a deep sea fishing story we'll remember forever. We asked Captain Kunta to set us up for shark fishing and he came through in a BIG way. We used kite fishing where you have your lines attached to release clips hanging from the kite. In our case three lines were attached to the kite and two were coming off the side of the boat. My 7 year old was first up in the hot seat. A special seat was used for his smaller size, and before we knew it the first hit was a 98 in. 400 lbs. hammer head shark. My son along with the captain and my husband had the shark in the boat 20 min later.
The Captain and the first mate had a very clean and organized boat. They had all the equipment needed for this catch and any other we could have come across. They made the trip fun with all their fishing stories from around the world. But most importantly we felt safe on board and we could see they were prepared for any event.

Visited February 2011
3 Thank SharkMom21111
Quebec City, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice boat, friendly crew, great fishing, a great day overall!!”
Reviewed January 20, 2011

I was not too sure when I booked this fishing trip for my wife, my 2 sons (16 and 19 years old) and myself, but we really had a ball. The boat is in fully equiped, super clean and comfortable. The captain always has interesting stories to tell, plus he sure knows how to find the fish! On that morning we caught 7 fish (amberjacks, mahi-Mahis, king mackerels and a small shark), so there was never a long delay without action. The captain and his helper Mathew are nice, friendly people and they really know their stuff. I like the fact that they will only keep certain species of fish (fresh mahi-mahi for dinner is heaven!) and release the others even though sometimes they would have the right to keep them. This is one great family vacation day we'll remember for a long time!

Visited January 2011