“Mouthwatering Sushi in a Beautiful Setting!”

Asia Bay Sushi Bar & Thai
Reserve with OpenTable
Asia Bay Sushi Bar & Thai is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #84 of 1,335 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Thai
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: SE 10th Terrace-SE 12th Ave
Description: Mouthwatering sushi & Thai cuisine made with high-quality, fresh ingredients. We boast a trendy, modern environment with an option for outdoor dining overlooking the beautiful Himmarshee Canal.
Fort Lauderdale
“Mouthwatering Sushi in a Beautiful Setting!”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

After ordering takeout at the Asia Bay location in Bay Harbor (Miami) a few months ago and really enjoying it, I made it a point to have a sit down dinner at the Fort Lauderdale location that is closer to where I live. Excited to try more of their mouthwatering sushi, I headed to Las Olas Blvd for dinner.

I was very surprised by how beautiful the Fort Lauderdale location was. I think that this location is much better than the Miami one and I loved the trendy, modern decor with the indoor sushi bar and the option for outdoor dining. It was a nice evening so we opted to dine outside, next to water which isn’t beachfront but a nice ambiance nonetheless.

We were seated right away and I was happy with our server who was professional yet friendly and personable. He really was a nice guy. All that aside, I obviously came here for the quality, fresh food. I know I should probably try the Thai side of the menu but I am a glutton for sushi and it was so good the last time I can’t help myself.

I obviously had to start off the meal with their famous Spicy Tuna Rock appetizer. It is comprised of tuna, avocado, scallions and masago, mixed with spicy mayo on top of white rice, brown rice or wakame. I opted for the white rice. It definitely lived up to the hype and more than exceeded my expectations. It was truly an amazingly delicious dish and a must try!

In addition to our appetizer, we ordered 3 rolls. The first one we ordered was the Caliente Roll made of fried snapper, avocado, cucumber, masago and sesame seeds. It was fresh and had good flavor.

The second roll was the Katsu Roll which is a little bit different and is made of deep fried chicken, avocado, asparagus, scallions, masago, and seeds. Again it was fresh and an interesting concept but was probably my least favorite of the three. I guess chicken in sushi just doesn’t do it for me.

The final roll was the Crunchy Shrimp Roll. It is similar to the Mexican Roll but is made of chopped shrimp tempura, avocado, scallions, masago mixed with wasabi mayo. This was by far my favorite. It was extremely palatable, nicely spiced and again very fresh.

Great service, fresh and delicious food, amazing ambiance, along with moderate prices; need I say more?

• Visited October 2012

“Beware of the gray Tuna!”
Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

Our horrible experience began with the hostess messing up our reservations. They were for 4 and thy had us for 2, even after we called to confirm. So we had to wait to be seated. Once we were finally seated our experience did not improve. We ordered several hot and cold appetizers and sushi rolls. The sushi was unedible! It smelled foul and the tuna was gray. We ate very little of our plate and then were astonished at how expensive the bill was. Not sure where they get off charging those prices for the quality if fish they serve. Aren't we by the ocean with fish readily available? Not Fresh!

2 Thank ldabraham
“Great Food”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I really like this place. I have only done takeout from them and they have very delicious food. The only little thing that I don't care for is the food portions. For what you pay you get a very small amount of food. Other than that the food is great and the delivery service if prompt.

Visited October 2012
Wash,Dc
“Just average!”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

If you love excellent sushi, this is not the place to go. The sushi was just average. Would not return!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank skippyallegheny
St. Petersburg, Florida
“OK Food but Still Left with a Bad Taste for the Restaurant”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

My partner and I have had lunch here several times, which we enjoyed. When we received a Groupon offer of $40 worth of food for $20, we decided to try it for dinner.

As mentioned by other reviewers, the inside dining room is very chic and clean and the outside patio dining is a nice alternative overlooking the canal.

Our server was extremely friendly and helpful.

We were celebrating our 26th anniversay, so we ordered three appetizers for the two of us to splurge. Like another reviewer said, the special "Tuna Tower" was a bit disappointing. The special of the day, grilled squid was not that special although good. And the third appetizer was just so so. Seemed like we needed to add flavor or spice to each dish.

I ordered a seafood and basil rice dish. My partner ordered the Thai tofu with volano sauce. My entree was brought out and we sat there for quite some time. Our server explained that she held off on putting his order in to try to time the two together. We couldn't figure out why?

Mine started to get cold when they brought his. Turned out she ordered a Volcano sushi roll instead of the Thai tofu main dish with Volcano sauce. I insisted that she take my dinner back and have it remade and to bring both out TOGETHER.

After finishing a $40 bottle of wine, we decided to share a Lemongrass Sakatini as they do not serve hard liquor. On the menu, it sounded wonderful. In reality, it had no flavor to it. So at $12, I asked that it be removed from the bill. Our server said she would have to speak to her manager. TACKY! Servers should be impowered to handle a reasonable request like that on their own. Maybe they need to get the Manager's approval to complete the credit transaction on the bill, but handle that BEHIND THE SCENES.

When we were first seated, I asked if they wanted our Groupon now or when they brought the final check. They took it up front. When our $125.00 check came, it was missing the $40.00 Groupon credit. Mistake or is this what they do in hopes that customers will overlook it?

Regardless, after this visit and the multiple problems, we would not return. There are PLENTY of other Asian / Thai restaurants to choose from.

• Visited September 2012