“Pleasant surprise.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Slackers Bar & Grill
Ranked #85 of 1,320 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Slackers Bar & Grill has over 40 HDTV's, 20 Craft Beers on tap, a new menu consisting of ribs, specialty sandwiches, steaks, seafood and more.Attention: As of August 14th, 2012 Slackers Bar will be a non-smoking bar.We have added a brand new menu, updated our decor and now have great new specials including 2-4-1 drinks every day. We are home to the 80 ounce draft beer tube.
San Francisco, Ca.
“Pleasant surprise.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

I live in California and bought a Restaurant.com for Slackers because we were going to be in Forida for a week. When we pulled into the strip mall I thought this was going to be a big mistake. Surprise, we were in Florida for a week and this is one of the best places we ate at. (We were not impressed overall with the food in Florida, whether it be fancy or not)
It's a sports bar which I couldn't care less about as I'm not into sports, there were tv's all over the place but not distracting or too loud. Our waiter Taylor/Trevor (sorry I can't remember your name if you read this), was wonderful, extremely friendly and very helpful. My husband got a hambuger that was huge with lots of fries and an enormous glass of beer, I had a roast beef sandwich with lots and lots of beef and a macaroni salad, I didn't eat the mac salad as it had bell peppers in it and I hate bell peppers. We had so much food that we had to get doggie bags, I made a sandwich out of the roast beef I couldn't eat the next day.
Now if you're looking for some place fancy don't go to Slackers, but if you want casual and large portions at good prices this is the place to go.
I'm rating the atmosphere as average only because it's a sports bar and I don't care for sports.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

MN
“Great Food and Beer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

We walked from the hotel and did not expect to find much by walking. We were wrong. Looking at the outside it doesn't look to good. It is located in a strip mall with blacked out windows for the sun, we were very wrong. After reading the reviews from Trip Advisor we went in based on that. We ended up having a very nice meal. The wait staff was great. Many different types of local beers and food. Would go back again.

Visited March 2013
Monument, Colorado
“Very Tricky Menu”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I arrived at the Hampton Inn in Ft. Lauderdale the day before our Panama Canal cruise to ensure we would be boarding the next day. We went to Slackers sports bar which was recommended by the hotel staff. It was a decent place. I ordered a beer and my wife did not feel like having a beer at this time. I look at the menu and the menu states that you get 2-4-1 beers during Happy Hour. We were there during Happy Hour so I told my wife she should also order a beer and I would drink it if she didn't like it. We were served promptly and ate fairly good meals. My wife decided to leave me to pay the bill while she visited another store in the strip mall. The waitress charged me for two beers. I asked her about the Happy Hour deal and her reply was “there are two beers in each glass, couldn’t you tell it was a larger beer”? It looked like a 16 ounce glass to me. In all my travels I have never felt so taken by a restaurant. I did complain to the hotel and they also were surprised. So the trip began.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
florida
“Great Bar in the Mall”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

If you are traveling through Ft Lauderdale and need a good sports bar restaurant that has good food, good beer and is close to the highway and airport, check out Slackers. It is on State Rd 84 just east of I-95 in a strip mall behind the McDonalds. They have lots of tv's with every game. They have great steamed clams, burgers, fish, chicken and veggie dishes. Its very clean and bright inside and they have great beer selection as well as a full cocktail menu. Also good specials.

St. Paul
“Surprised us (Cruisers take note)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

With apologies to locals who have written that Slackers is a great place for regulars, you never quite know what you're getting into when you take your kids into a bar in a strip mall after 11 p.m. But after flight delays getting to Fort Lauderdale the night before a cruise, we were all starving. Even the recommendation from the desk at the nearby Hampton Inn was lukewarm. And with darkened windows we almost didn't go inside - but very glad we did. Very good sandwiches. Reasonable prices, not to mention double bubble on drinks and live music. None of our pre-cruise hotels have compelled us to come back by standing out from the crowd of average hotels with free shuttles. But having a comfortable restaurant like Slackers nearby may just make the difference.