Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
3,963 results
All reviews suzette across the street floor to ceiling windows pool area corner room valet parking ocean view galleria mall the penthouse valet staff beach chairs per day fort lauderdale beach small pool resort fee lobby bar an umbrella
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have attended conferences several times at the Sonesta Hotel. The experience gets better and better. The service staff is top notch, especially Zori who was customer-focused and made sure everyone had what was needed. While the conference staff was excellent, the room cleaners could improve. Three days in a row we had torquiest that our room be cleaned.

Room tip: Views from all rooms are excellent.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
medeirossonestafort, General Manager at Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you very much NinaFox2007 for all of your wonderful comments about our hotel following your recent conference. I'm thrilled to learn that Zori took extra good care of you and your attendees - I'll be sure to share your kind words with her.

I am sorry, however, to hear that our housekeeping performance did not meet your expectations. I have already shared your comments with my Executive Housekeeper and she will ensure that her team focuses on improving in this area.

Thank you for your business and we hope to have another opportunity to host another event for you and your company in the near future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Took my father down to escape New England winter and Sonesta was a great choice. Did a lot of searching around and glad I picked this hotel. The views were amazing and Evelyn at the front desk was a rockstar, she made our stay! Location is walking distance from anything you would need (food, bars, liquor store, museum, beach across st). A short Uber ride to las olas blvd. Would reccomend to all. Someone give Evelyn a raise!!!!

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Ig4646
eduardo f, General Manager at Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you lg4646 for staying with us to escape the cold of New England! I'm thrilled to hear that you and your father truly enjoyed our hotel and all there is to do within walking distance. But, more importantly, it's great to learn that Evelyn took extra good care of you to ensure your visit was exceptional - I can't wait to share your kind words with her.

Here's to your next visit - hopefully soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The Sonesta hotel is slightly out of the main hotel collection which is a great benefit as it is much quieter. One observation is that this area does attract a few vagrants on the beach, however they were no trouble and did not hassle. The hotel is coming towards the end of a major refurbishment. Loved the dual aspect rooms. Constructive feedback for the management team - during our 6 night stay four day the room was not serviced until after 4pm (as a result of large corporate check out I presume). This is not ideal as guests are ready to make their way back to their accommodation at this time after a day on the beach or exploring. Secondly the resort feed do not include a sun parasol this is an extra charge payable on the beach. This encourages guests to possibly over expose on sun and is not in the spirit of an inclusive resort fee. All in all a good choice for visiting Fort Lauderdale with some exceptions.

1  Thank MaxmaxlJ7035KT

Thanks very much for sharing your feedback following your recent visit. I'm happy to hear that overall you enjoyed our hotel and all of it's amenities. I am sorry to learn about the difficulties with housekeeping and I will share your comments with my team so they can improve in this particular area. With regard to the beach umbrellas, the concession stand is operated by a third party, so unfortunately, their pricing is out of our control.

I do hope you will consider a future stay with us despite these minor shortcomings.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Great hotel. From the moment you walk through the door, the pleasant smell of clean hits you. The warm greetings by the staff all make you feel so welcome and relaxed. Great views from the rooms. Nice restaurant and pool. A must place to stay when in the area.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thanks so much maryc for your great post! Hearing that you enjoyed our beautiful rooms, amazing views, wonderful restaurant and exceptional service is what we strive for and I truly appreciate your kind words.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable visit.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed here before my 7 day cruise in October, if I had only stayed here for the one night I would have had a great vacation. Front desk Dathka was so kind and welcoming after a stressful 6:00am flight. I arrived early and Dathka advised me I could leave my luggage but also told me I could visit the pool and instructed me where I could get changed. My room was ready early and they called me, the view from my room was spectacular! The room was a bit small but totally adequate, also very clean. The bed and pillows were sooooooo comfortable I had a great night's sleep. There were two close small restaurants. I had a dinner at the Mexican and breakfast at the Italian both were very good and just steps away, I ate at the Steel Pan and the food/drink and service was exceptional. Try the Blue drink, I had two and can't remember the real name-but it was that good! My ride to the cruise terminal wasn't until 12:30 so I put my bathing suit back on and enjoyed the pool again. They served ice cream at the pool at 11:30 am - wow that was unexpected and fun! I really loved this hotel and the staff and service was excellent. BOOK directly with the hotel to SAVE MONEY and get extra perks. The negative comments are from people who booked with a booking service. Also don't bring a car-expensive parking!! Thank you Dathka for your calm and friendly attitude, you turned my morning into an excellent start to a great vacation. The cruise was nice too!

Room tip: View of the ocean - any room
Date of stay: October 2019
1  Thank pattyandy9797

Wow! Thanks very much pattyandy for sharing your experience with us during your pre-cruise stay. You made my day and I am delighted that you have discovered all of the great amenities that Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach has to offer. I am also thrilled to hear that Daphka went above and beyond to accommodate your needs and to ensure your visit was truly memorable.

Please come back to see us the next time your travels take you to the Ft. Lauderdale area.