3,635 results
All reviews suzette across the street floor to ceiling windows pool area corner room valet parking ocean view galleria mall the penthouse valet staff per day bonnet house fort lauderdale beach beach chairs small pool lobby bar resort fee
Selected filters
Reviewed May 12, 2019

Great location, staff was very friendly and helpful. Special thank you to Joe at the pool bar. He was a delight! He always remembered our names and what we were drinking. Also gave us suggestions for where to go out at night.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank petrokri
eduardo f, General Manager at Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2019

Thank you petrokri for staying with us and your kind words about our hotel, as well as the amazing service from Joe at the pool! Will be sure to share your compliments with him.

Please come back to see us again soon.

Reviewed May 12, 2019

We really enjoyed our stay here. It’s right across the street from the beach, and our corner room had an amazing view of the ocean and the area. We were told we could have two beach chairs each day, but no umbrella. We didn’t get to stay long enough to enjoy that. We were also given two tickets for complimentary drinks in the bar. The bed was very comfortable, and I was happy to have an in-room safe; my large iPad fit into it easily. The pool looked very nice, but I didn’t like that you have to get to it by going through the lobby. The staff was so very nice, and everything was spotlessly clean. There are a number of places to eat nearby, and a shopping center is just up the road. I wish I’d had more time to enjoy it all.

Date of stay: May 2019

Thank you so much Outtatime for sharing your detailed experience with us! So pleased to hear you enjoyed everything we are proud of here at Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach and that you had a chance to experience some of the complimentary perks associated with our Daily Fee.

Here's to your next visit!

Reviewed May 11, 2019

With the Awesome location, my experience would have been much much better, with below few points for Sonesta.

- Parking fee is ~40$, this is more than the parking fee of New york and Philadelphia downtown, a deal breaker
- Inspite of paying 40$ for Valet parking, Support staff was simply looking at me when i was pulling the trolley cart with all my heavy luggages at 1AM night, post a 5 hr drive, no courtesy was shown to offer help, while I feel it was their duty.
- Microwave in rooms is a must. I requested to heat up some baby food for my baby and reception told they dnt hv microwave in the new kitchen...seriously? I mean you knew the objective, how would have it costed Sonesta, in case he offered me to heat up the food instead by any means.
- Resort fee(not included and suddenly charged during checkout)
All these above things made me feel totally not important for Sonesta, and squared away the charm of the awesome location of my room, had on my overall experience. Will definitely go back to Fort Lauderdale once every quarter, but staying Sonesta...will have to think....

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Sonesta

Thank you Shourya M for sharing your recent experience with us. I am sorry for for the inconveniences you experienced with valet and our front desk. We have instructed our front desk team, upon request, to heat guest's food in our cafeteria and I will address the lack of assistance with our valet team.

As it relates to our fees, both the parking and daily fees are clearly posted on our website and all third-party booking sites. Our parking fees are significantly lower than that of Philadelphia and New York. Twice a year, we benchmark other hotels on the beach from a pricing standpoint and our fees are competitive with the majority of the hotels. Due to limited parking space, we can only offer valet service, which is the case with many of the other hotels along the beach.

I do hope you will consider a future stay with us despite this isolated incidents.

Reviewed May 9, 2019 via mobile

Had a really great time swimming. Nice pool and amazing drinks had amazing service by Sam Lockamy! That man is honestly a hard/great worker! Coming from Chicago this is the perfect place to get away at

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
eduardo f, General Manager at Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2019

Thanks Pbrjuetz for your great post and kind words about the helpfulness of Sam at the pool! Will certainly let him know you appreciated his amazing service.

Please come back to see us again soon!

Reviewed May 9, 2019 via mobile

My buddy SAM LOCKAMY that I met on this trip was the most helpful person that I could of asked for. Weather it was from knowing which way was the bathroom to helping out with towels and seat adjustments by the pool. I would totally recommend this hotel to all my family members and let them know about my wonderful experience that I won’t forget.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Wow - thank you 703ceciliad for your great feedback following your recent visit! It sounds like Sam made a positive impact on your family vacation and I can't wait to share your compliments with him!

Here's to your next visit to Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach - hopefully soon!