“Great price” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach
Ranked #16 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Durham, North Carolina
“Great price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

I had a very pleasant stay at Sonesta for girls getaway. Right on the beach and the staff was so pleasant and informative about things to do in the area. Not within walking distance to downtown, but you can take the bus, shuttle, taxi, or water taxi (with the bus being the most affordable). Taxi to downtown is no more than $15. Right next to the hotel, there are many food and bar options. Excited to come back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Sonesta

Lindsay D, Manager at Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Isabel C,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent trip to Fort Lauderdale! I'm glad to hear that the staff was helpful in providing activities and things to do during your stay. Please reach out to me personally ldufresne@sonesta.com the next time you're in the area, and I'd be happy to provide some additional great recommendations from a local's point of view. :)

Lindsay

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (680)
  • Hebrew first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

My best friend and I stayed here for 8 days in June and although the first night they didn't have the room we requested but, changed it the next morning and price adjusted it. The view amazing, location is quiet and a bit of a walk to the restaurants but it's sooo worth it. I plan on going back with my fiance soon and hopefully this is where will have our wedding. This hotel was beautiful and I can't wait to return !!
Staff, AMAZING I felt comfortable there.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Sherrhonda C,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and great review of the hotel! It was a pleasure to host you and your friend and I am glad that the front desk was helpful in resolving your room issue. We would love nothing more than to have you back for your wedding, please reach out to me at ldufresne@sonesta.com when the time is right and I would be glad to connect you with one of our Catering Managers.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

From check in to check out my husband and I enjoyed every second!!! Walking into the beautiful lobby to the smiling faces at the front desk was a good sign, but when we opened our room door (1206) we were extremely pleased at the beautiful white decor, bedding, perfect size flat screen tv & best of all the amazing large window looking out to the beach. The king size bed was so comfortable as well as the pillows, the room was squeaky clean, we loved the shower as well! For us it was heavenly!!! My husband and I stayed for the weekend to have a romantic last minute (booked room morning of stay) weekend without our children and that we did! We loved the surrounding area not to busy & not far from the busier area where you can find all the restaraunts & bars. During our stay we ate next door at PlanBurrito and it was ok, and both morning's we had a nice breakfast at ocean view delight just a few doors down. We did not dine at the hotel unfortunately I wish we would have! We did enjoy drinks by the pool and had a very pleasant bartender. I would absolutely recommend this hotel and I can not wait to go back!!!

Room Tip: We were in room 1206 the penthouse above was a tad bit noisey but not bad.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear HicksFam05,

Thank you so much for your kind review of the property, it sounds like you and your husband had the perfect weekend escape! :) I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the convenience of the property to nearby locations as well. It's slightly off the beaten path so you have that privacy, but close enough to get to everything. We hope to see you back on your next visit, please send me a note at ldufresne@sonesta.com and I'll be sure to make your experience extra special!

Needham, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014

A little background behind our stay at this "motel". We cruised on the Oasis of the Seas for the 4th of July and we needed a one night hotel stay after the cruise. We used priceline name your own price and focused on 4 star hotels on the beach. Unfortunately we won this hotel. This hotel was so far from a 4 star hotel, I honestly believe it should be 2 stars. The lobby was run down, the pool was extremely tiny, there were no perks on the beach, and the staff were not professionally trained. Furthermore, the rooms were disgusting, beds small, and they did not even have a concierge. We went from looking forward to enjoying our day on the beach to dreading the hours and counting down our time at this hotel. I would NEVER recommend this hotel to anybody.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Steph C
Dear Steph C,

I am very sorry to hear of how displeased you were with your recent stay with us. If you are able to elaborate on some of the items to me personally (staff, room issues), I would appreciate it so I can have a better understanding of what you in particular experienced since we typically do not receive this type of feedback and I want to be sure it doesn't happen again. My personal email is ldufresne@sonesta.com, please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Argentona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

The beds are small, they don't fit 2 people!!!! Small swimming pool too. The only advantage is that you have the beach in front, only a few steps. Location in a zone with limited bars and restaurants.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Sonesta

4 Thank Anniki84
Lindsay D, Manager at Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear Anniki84,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that you were displeased with the size of beds, we try our best to be candid on the website in saying that they are double beds and not queen, but I can see how that can be confusing. If there were any other issues you experienced that affected your stay, please contact me directly at ldufresne@sonesta.com, and I will be happy to look them.

Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

Nice place with good location. In close vicinity you'll find the beach, bars, shops, Seven-Eleven, a car rental "Acar" and a huge nice park. The hotels staff are polite and pleasant. The rooms sea view are fantastic and easy enjoyable via a large window. Nice air condition and free wifi. Also there was a sensibly priced, good value, wifi upgrade available.

Room Tip: Reception informed that room on the 11th floor can be somewhat exposed to music and party sounds fro...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank o-yngve
Dear o-yngve,

Thank you for your kind review and staying with us recently. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the location of our property, it's always nice to be able to get out and explore the surroundings, especially when you have a beautiful park within walking distance. I will be sure to share your kind sentiments about our staff with them as it's that type of feedback that continuously motivates them to deliver the same great service. We hope to have you back at our hotel soon!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

We stayed at the hotel 7/2 - 7/5 and it was awesome! From excellent customer service to the great location, this hotel provided everything we needed for a quick girl's weekend. Hotel staff, Djamal, Chris, Heydie and Suzette made sure that we were taken care of. Ask for room on the higher floors to get one of the most spectacular views you will ever see of the Atlantic Ocean. The rooms are very modern and spacious. We are already planning our return.

Room Tip: Request a room on the higher floors (we were upgraded to the 12th floor) to get a spectacular view o...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jamie W
Lindsay D, Manager at Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear Jamie W,

Thank you for your recent review of the property and for staying with us. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and had a pleasant experience with our staff. I will be sure to share your kind words with the team. Please come back and see us soon, the views will be waiting for you!