“Great Hotel with Fabulous Location!”

Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach
Ranked #17 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed March 31, 2014

This hotel is a lovely little gem with a great location. It is situated directly across the street from the ocean on a lovely beach. The water taxi is such a short walk away. The rooms are modern, comfortable and clean. All the staff we encountered were very friendly and accommodating. All and all a great place to stay in Ft. Lauderdale!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
eduardo f, General Manager at Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Joseph1823, many thanks for sharing your comments. it is rewarding to read that you loved our location and referred to us as a gem!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,907)

Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Just home from a long trip which began here. Rooms are bright airy and all have spectacular beach front views only drawback was lack of fridge to store cold drinks. Staff super pleasant and attentive. Very relaxing pool area and again staff superb. Location right on the beach. Unfortunately the valet service resulted in our hire car being damaged but again, the staff were professional, helpful, apologetic and resolved the problem with the minimum of fuss.would definitely return here. Did I mention it is spotlessly clean? No complaints, great place, will return.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank 140jules
eduardo f, General Manager at Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Dear 140jules, thank you for sharing your feedback. I always love to hear that our staff was pleasant and attentive to your needs. I did follow up with our Valet manager and he confirmed that the insurance claim has already processed.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

Our party of 7 stayed two nights here and it was very good indeed.
Spotlessly clean, bright funky reception area with wavy lines on the walls that changed colour.
The highlight was the beds, without doubt the best we have ever slept in, everyone mentioned them after the first night and agreed they were incredibly comfortable, we even took a photo of the manufacturer so we could try and buy one!
I ate in the adjoining Bistro area and it was good quality well presented food. Breakfast here was plentiful and varied and they supplied gluten free bread for toast when asked.
The view from all the rooms was magnificent, and despite being on a fairly busy beachside road it was never noisy.
We drove from there (don't use their valet parking it's expensive, there is a place half the price round the corner) to the shopping mall but actually enjoyed mooching round the few local shops more, buying some real bargains before we sailed.
We sunbathed round their pool which isn't very big but had a lively bar and sunbeds, get there early if you want a sun bed is my advice.
It's an easy trip to the cruise port and we used a taxi bus, be ready with your passport as you enter the docks.
If we cruise from Fort Lauderdale in future we would always stay in this hotel, really good value for money.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Henryhorn

Dear Henryhorn, many thanks for sharing your comments on your pre-cruise stay. Many people do rave about our Blissful bed... now you know why!

Reviewed March 29, 2014

From the minute we arrived at B Ocean we were treated with exceptional customer service. This is a cool boutique style hotel where every room has a beautiful view of the ocean. We stayed in their regular room that had two double beds. I requested a room on a high floor and we were given the 12th floor; our view was picturesque! Every evening from 5 pm to 6 pm there is a Happy Hour with a free glass of wine and in the mornings there is complementary coffee down in the lobby of the restaurant (which is much better then having a little coffee maker in the room). Our room was very clean upon arrival and it was cleaned nicely each day of our stay. The room we stayed in was expected size; nothing huge, but not too small either. The lobby bar has a fun cocktail menu and the pool area has an outside bar and little cabanas. You are located at the intersection of A1A and Sunset. As soon as you step across A1A you are on the beautiful beach. Every hotel in Ft. Lauderdale (with the exception of one or two way off to the North end) you have to walk across A1A. We went during Spring Break and were excited to see that B Ocean is not a Spring Break hotel. Most of the spring breakers stay about 3/4 miles south closer to Los Olas and A1A. This hotel has some good little places surrounding it so you are not far from places to eat or walk to. It is only a half mile from a nicer area in Ft. Lauderdale called the Galleria where there are shops, restaurants, and a grocery store if you want to buy some snacks for your room. Overall B Ocean totally exceeding my expectations and if I return to Ft. Lauderdale I would definitely choose B Ocean!

Room Tip: Request a room on a high floor.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Sncoakley24

Dear Sncoakley24, many thanks for sharing your comments and for the perfect ratings you awarded us!

Reviewed March 28, 2014

We had just got back of our cruise and stayed there for 3 nights, We had a beautiful view of the beach from our room. The staff was awesome, which made our stay much better. The rooms were excellent with very comfortable beds. The location was also good. We would definitely stay there again

Room Tip: get the view of the beach
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GuyB57

Dear GuyB57, thank you for your kinds words about our staff! I am also pleased to hear that our location, comfortable beds and beautiful views met your expectations.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

I loved this hotel. The view is spectacular. It is one of those older properties that has old bones but has been completely re-done with a lot of white and hip modern touches. I checked in around midnight and the air conditioning was making a noise. I called the desk and they moved me to another room and it was still audible. They said they would send an engineer and I expected to be waiting , deciding whether to go to sleep or not. The engineer came in such a short time that it was hard to believe he had taken the elevator. This was done in only a few minutes and everyone was very pleasant and friendly. Service was great throughout the stay and the restaurant was fantastic. Excellent sushi and we had the duck twice. Duck seems to be hard to cook well- in the wrong hands it can be greasy and this was really good in a novel preparation. One night there was a minor delay in getting a drink while waiting in the lobby for a table and they immediately comp'ed me on it. Would definitely return.

Room Tip: End room on the northeast side has the best view but you do pay for it.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Dear klrklr, many thanks for sharing your comments and for such great ratings. Happy to hear that you were pleased with our service levels and that your restaurant experience in SAIA was fantastic.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

As a rule I do not stay at your hotel since I have a "favorite " in Fort Lauderdale. They were booked during this time frame so I decide to take an adventure. That adventure lead to me B Ocean.

I have had numerous phone discussions before I arrive on Thursday. They were with Eric. I must share with you that I travel often and I know when I am talking to a sincere, professional and thoughtful person on the other end of the phone when I ask about accommodations. Every conversation that I had with Eric was wonderful absolutely wonderful. You have a very fine young man on your staff in Eric. I told him that I stayed elsewhere before and loved it there. He gently told me that I would love B Ocean just as much if not more. By the time I got to B Ocean (after missing a flight because of snow from ME) I felt fine coming to a different resort.

Please thank Eric for me! I will definitely return to B Ocean. I am pleased to hear that staff like Eric are at the other end of the phone as well.

Another person that made an impression with me while I was here was Chris. When I arrived the internet was done and I could not register into my room. I took a walk to Harbor Beach and he called me to let me know that my room as ready! What a pleasant person to talk too. There were two other times that I needed assistance during the day and Chris was "right there." Please thank him as well.

Room Tip: Get the ocean view!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
eduardo f, General Manager at Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Dear 27 Beachcomber, many thanks for sharing your comments. I have shared your kind words with Eric and Chris.