Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach
$141
$118
$105
  • Breakfast included
Candlewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Air/Seaport(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$89
$140
$129
$145
$128
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Oceanside Inn(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$140
$128
$118
HIExpress.com
Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach(Fort Lauderdale)
$199
$169
Courtyard
$149
$133
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port Hotel(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$169
  • Restaurant
3,050 results
All reviewsacross the streetsuzettefloor to ceiling windowspool areacorner roomvalet parkingocean viewgalleria mallthe penthousevalet staffbonnet houseper daysmall poolfort lauderdale beachbeach chairshigher floorresort fee
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 16, 2011

We were really looking forward to our visit last week. There are many great things about the property. Awsome location. My wife & I both loved the contemporary feel of the lobby and rooms. We had a corner room (420) with spectacular views of the water and A1A.... simply breathtaking. The staff were all friendly.

The issue was the noise in the room. I know it has been mentioned by others. I know Joel & his staff are working on it... but between hearing every word from the connecting room, light coming in around all 4 edges of the door and the ice maker/soda machine in the hall - sleeping was nearly impossible. This is the one item that stops me from recommending B Ocean... after all, sleeping is one of the main reasons to have a room... when you can't get a good nights sleep it really ruins the overall experience.

1  Thank mdldgl
Reviewed March 16, 2011

B Ocean was an absolutely great experience! The staff was helpful and friendly. The lobby is breathtakingly beautiful when you walk in. The entire thing was designed very well. It is in walking distance from the beach, and is just far away enough from the bars to where the beach isn't crowded. The best place to eat in Ft. Lauderdale is next to it, Primanti Brothers. The food inside the hotel was fabulous, too. The bar outside by the pool has an experienced bar tender that made the best mojitos I've ever had. The pool area was gorgeous and the lighting at night made it really romantic. The beds were the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in! We ended up talking to the VP one night and he was so nice and proud of his hotel. With good reason! He said they sell the beds themselves. I will definitely be buying one! They're that great! I'm even considering having my wedding at the hotel. It is honestly that beautiful and that put together I would trust them with that big of a day!

When my fiance and I first walked into our room, our breath was taken away. They look just like they do on the website! Each room has a huge window overlooking the beach. It is such a fantastic view it didn't even look real! It was so unbelievable. All the rooms were crisp and clean. The showers were nice and warm. Girls, shave your legs before you get there though, there is no where to do that in the stand up showers. Also, not a lot of bathroom counter space. Bathroom was definitely designed by a guy! But I will say I liked the rain effect shower heads. Flat screen TVs in every room. Really the best hotel I've ever been in.

The first night there, our air conditioning did break, and they immediately took care of it before we could even call down and complain! They moved us into an even nicer corner room that has floor to ceiling windows of the view, and another huge window looking over the ocean. So fabulous! The place was only 5 weeks old when we stayed, and the air never fully got cold, though. That's my only complaint! I'm sure they're still working out some kinks.

Do yourself a favor and stay here. It is amazing!!

Reviewed March 15, 2011

Just got back from a too-short honeymoon here and I can't say enough about this hotel. The staff is incredible. All the previous reviews talk about Tiffany, but we actually didn't meet her. In response to a previous post i left, Joel, the manager, was ready to receive us the moment we arrived. He was fantastic and everyone else we dealt with was the same - nice, helpful and generally pleasant. I had a minor bicycle accident and had to call down to get some first aid. A staffer was upstairs in 2 minutes and helped bandage my foot!

The rooms are really nice - modern and clean - and the beds are incredible. I couldn't stay awake (not great for a honemoon - haha) but slept like a baby every night. We had a corner room with the most beautiful view of the beach and A1A - we watched the sunrise through the panoramic window every morning. Bathrooms are nice - the glass showers are very fun, especially for an adult trip.

Didn't discover the pool until our last day, but definitely worth a visit. Its modest, but there are a lot of places to sit and the cabana are great if you want some respite from the sun.

The restaurants and room service were also great - and pretty reasonable for a hotel.

Overall - amazing experience and can't wait to return.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
BOceanGM, General Manager at Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2011

Dear amarman,

Wow back at you! It makes me so happy to read this review as you truly speak to what we want our hotel to B. I am very sad you didn't have an opportunity to meet Tiffany, she makes me look like an Ogre. I really am happy I had a chance to meet you. My entire team wishes you a wonderful life together and expects to see you at least once a year to celebrate your anniversary with us. Take care of that foot and come back soon.

Reviewed March 14, 2011

We stayed at the hotel for a week so we got to see the great side and the not so great! The hotel is brand new so it is very modern and very clean And in a great location right on the beach. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The pool area is quiet & comfortable .The breakfast buffet( only meal we had there) had a good selection and lots of fresh fruit. There are a few problems though that need to be worked on. The air conditioning is very loud. We had to turn it off at night so we could sleep. Our room had an adjoining door and we could literally hear every word from next door. I almost wanted to join their conversation! and the bathroom shower glass partition did not prevent the water from running onto the floor.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Skye154913
BOceanGM, General Manager at Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2011

Dear Skye154913,

Thank you for choosing to B Our Guest at B Ocean Fort Lauderdale. I very much appreciate you sharing your comments with the TripAdvisor community. I am very happy my crew was able to show you great service and that you enjoyed our new facilities. Please send me a quick note letting me know what room I need to address due to AC noise and connecting doors. My team is working through the building insulating the connecting doors and the results are much improved. I look forward to welcoming you back soon and wish you safe and exciting travels.

Reviewed March 14, 2011

I had a wonderful stay at the B Ocean Hotel the weekend of the 5th-8th. Steven, Joseph and Jason greeted us at registration and were very helpful and attentive to any needs we may have had.

It was a Girl's Getaway. 3 of us shared a nicely appointed bedroom with 2 doubles. With 3 women though, the pretty picture above the dresser could be replaced with a nice mirror. The beds were very comfortable and the space was adequate for our group and we didn't feel cramped. The view was awesome!! It couldn't get any better. I loved waking up to the beautiful view of the ocean. We didn't have any problems with the pool area. It felt chic and personal. There were plenty of lounge chairs and 3 to 4 cabanas and a bar. We went to the pool at night. Nice lighting around the pool but felt there could have been lights inside the pool itself. It was appropriately heated which made it very comfortable.

I liked the area around the hotel also. We visited the ice cream and T-shirt shops and one in my party got a tattoo by Lucky G. We felt the location was close to just about everything we wanted to do.(the Water Taxi, The Galleria Mall , Frank and Vinny's restaurant, etc.) We also found the location close to major highways and streets that could get you just about anywhere. We found getting to South Beach, American Airlines Arena (for a Miami Heat game), Hollywood Hard Rock Casino and the Airport very accessible from the hotel. Tommy gave us great recommendations as well as Omar who also assisted with a smooth checkout.

The service was superb. My husband is a travel agent and he will recommend the hotel to his customers as well as family members and friends from Ohio that come to the area. We were overall very pleased and we will B' Back with more family :-) Joel, thanks to your wonderful staff for making our stay very special! Can't say enough about the customer service.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
BOceanGM, Owner at Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2011

Dear adelta,

My team and I very much appreciate you taking the time to share your wonderful comments with the TripAdvisor community. I am thrilled that you and the girls had a great time with us at B Ocean Fort Lauderdale. I will share your comments with each team member as they all truly deserve the recognition. I enjoyed meeting your group and look forward to welcoming you back very soon. We appreciate you choosing to B Our Guest.