“Great value for the money”
Review of Oasis Hotel

Oasis Hotel
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We arrived late to a spotless room, a comfortable bed, free wifi, and a warm greeting. It was the perfect beginning to our cruise.

We found the site through Tripadvisor and would stay there again if we cruise out of Port Everglades again. It is close to the cruise terminal, across the street from starbucks. Quiet and convenient at the same time.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BmmrBabe
There are newer reviews for Oasis Hotel

Reviewed April 18, 2013

One of the few sub-$100 hotels available in mid-March 2013. Friendly and helpful manager. Reasonably clean.
Basically a '60's era motel. In our double room there was no closet and nowhere to hang up any clothes. No luggage stand so suitcase was on the floor. The beds definitely need to be replaced as they seem to have been in continuous use since the '60's. Beds sagged badly, offered no support, creaked and squeaked and mine made a loud "boing" whenever I got up from the side of the bed. Your roommate will know it when you get up to use the bathroom!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a new bed, a clothes rack and a luggage stand
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Stayed two nights here in mid-March, en-route to a cruise. Very difficult getting any reasonably priced accommodations in Ft. Lauderdale during cruise season. Nelson, the manager, was very friendly and accommodating. Room was basic, but clean. Beds were way to soft, and mattresses need replacing. Nowhere to hang clothes in the room. Location is not prime, on main road with little of interest nearby. However, it is a short taxi ride to downtown, and the ocean front.

2  Thank WestcoastPeter
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I moved to Fort Lauderdale Florida and stayed in this Hotel for one Month and a week.
Location very nice as well as the property manger and other service people.
I traveled with many bags and personal items and thought everything i owned would be safe in my room. But..... I was wrong.
I finally found an apartment to move to and gave notice, packed my things and left. when i moved to my new location i began to unpack and found that i was missing several items. Clothing, jewelry, and a few sentimental pieces.
I called the hotel and left word several times on voice-mail and never was returned my phone calls about my missing things.

I would think if they cared about the reputation of this hotel that at least they would call and speak with me, but they did not.

Lastly if you would like to stay at this hotel I recommend it but don't bring anything with you or if you do, do not leave in your room.

I am very unhappy about my missing property and would at the least like a phone call even if this is all it would be.
BEWARE!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank DavidFortLauderdale
Reviewed April 2, 2013

This motel is quite the little gem! We were only in town one night and our flight didn't land until after midnight so paying over $200 or more at a chain hotel was ridiculous. I stumbled upon Oasis through a review of a different B&B/Hostel on Trip Advisor which recommended Nelson at Oasis. There happened to be one double bed vacancy left for only $105 which worked perfectly for our party of four. The room was clean and cool, we slept well and there is a Walgreen's and Starbucks within a stone's throw. The next morning Nelson called us a cab for the cruise port. Cab ride from the airport was about $12 just as Nelson told us it would be and the cab ride from the motel to the port was $12 as well. We were all able to pile into the cab with 4 large luggage bags and 2 carry-ons, no problem. I would highly recommend Oasis Motel and Nelson's outstanding service to his customers. Fantastic little motel!

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I've had the pleasure of staying at the Oasis, several times now and can only say it's always a great experience. Rooms are always very clean and the warm, diligent attention the manager, Nelson provides is one of a kind, definitely keeps me coming back. Thank you Nelson, for your hospitality, grateful traveler.

Elaina Os.

Room Tip: Rooms on the rear quieter .
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Elaina O
Reviewed February 26, 2013

This place is so close to freeways and the airport. Its waaay affordabe. Save high end hotel expenseand splurge on a rental car. I enjoyed Fort Lauderdale and Miami Beaches, Eateries, Shopping and Everglades. Public buses are also a cheap quick way to the beach. Tom Jenkins' BBQ next door is screamin'. Across the street: Starbucks, Walgreen, Ihop, Pizza Hut and JJ's Sandwiches (yum-yum to enjoy at the beach). Manager Nelson M.Da Cunha was so accommodating.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Andrea J
Info1000, Owner at Oasis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Andrea J,
Quaint, quiet, quick....what a great way to sum up the Oasis! We're so happy that you enjoyed the hotel, and all of its nice qualities!! (sorry couldn't resist using another q-word) We are looking forward to your next visit. See you soon!