“Watch out for your personal things” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Oasis Hotel

Oasis Hotel
Fort Lauderdale
“Watch out for your personal things”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I moved to Fort Lauderdale Florida and stayed in this Hotel for one Month and a week.
Location very nice as well as the property manger and other service people.
I traveled with many bags and personal items and thought everything i owned would be safe in my room. But..... I was wrong.
I finally found an apartment to move to and gave notice, packed my things and left. when i moved to my new location i began to unpack and found that i was missing several items. Clothing, jewelry, and a few sentimental pieces.
I called the hotel and left word several times on voice-mail and never was returned my phone calls about my missing things.

I would think if they cared about the reputation of this hotel that at least they would call and speak with me, but they did not.

Lastly if you would like to stay at this hotel I recommend it but don't bring anything with you or if you do, do not leave in your room.

I am very unhappy about my missing property and would at the least like a phone call even if this is all it would be.
BEWARE!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank DavidFortLauderdale

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

This motel is quite the little gem! We were only in town one night and our flight didn't land until after midnight so paying over $200 or more at a chain hotel was ridiculous. I stumbled upon Oasis through a review of a different B&B/Hostel on Trip Advisor which recommended Nelson at Oasis. There happened to be one double bed vacancy left for only $105 which worked perfectly for our party of four. The room was clean and cool, we slept well and there is a Walgreen's and Starbucks within a stone's throw. The next morning Nelson called us a cab for the cruise port. Cab ride from the airport was about $12 just as Nelson told us it would be and the cab ride from the motel to the port was $12 as well. We were all able to pile into the cab with 4 large luggage bags and 2 carry-ons, no problem. I would highly recommend Oasis Motel and Nelson's outstanding service to his customers. Fantastic little motel!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I've had the pleasure of staying at the Oasis, several times now and can only say it's always a great experience. Rooms are always very clean and the warm, diligent attention the manager, Nelson provides is one of a kind, definitely keeps me coming back. Thank you Nelson, for your hospitality, grateful traveler.

Elaina Os.

Room Tip: Rooms on the rear quieter .
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Elaina O
Fairfield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

This place is so close to freeways and the airport. Its waaay affordabe. Save high end hotel expenseand splurge on a rental car. I enjoyed Fort Lauderdale and Miami Beaches, Eateries, Shopping and Everglades. Public buses are also a cheap quick way to the beach. Tom Jenkins' BBQ next door is screamin'. Across the street: Starbucks, Walgreen, Ihop, Pizza Hut and JJ's Sandwiches (yum-yum to enjoy at the beach). Manager Nelson M.Da Cunha was so accommodating.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Andrea J
Andrea J,
Quaint, quiet, quick....what a great way to sum up the Oasis! We're so happy that you enjoyed the hotel, and all of its nice qualities!! (sorry couldn't resist using another q-word) We are looking forward to your next visit. See you soon!
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Nelson is very pleasant,approachable, and quickly met our requests. It's a $15 cab ride to airport or port. A 20 minute walk to Harbour Shops (for groceries, Total wine) and a SunTrolley to drive (hop on and off) along beaches to Galleria Mall (cost 50 cents one-way or $2 day pass). The Walgreen is close to buy last minute items..sunscreen, toothpaste, wine. We were early to arrive from our cruise and the room was ready. I found other close hotels pricer during cruise season ($250) and Oasis was great value. Definitely on our list to stay again and recommend to our friends.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank luvyolo
prumar,
Thanks so much for staying with us. Your review was perfect, very informative and detailed. You're right, the rates at the Oasis are very affordable and much lower than the surrounding hotels. We are looking forward to your next visit. Take care, NBV
Cape Town
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I have noticed The Oasis in Ft Lauderdale many times but never stayed here. However I was in FLL for 2 nights recently and decided at the last minute to stay here. I was really impressed - clean comfortable rooms with everything one would need. Nelson is great - nothing is too much for this manager and he goes out of his way to help you, with a big smile and a great sense of humour. Thank you, I will be back for sure.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Jill H
Jill H,
We're so happy that you discovered the Oasis. Despite it's prime location, near the cruise port, shops and restaurants, sometimes it's easy to overlook this gem of a hotel. Now that you've found us, we hope that you'll make the Oasis your hotel of choice whenever you're visiting Fort Lauderdale! Thanks again, NBV
Burlington, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

A real value. All the other places I checked were twice the price and more. Very attractive. Remodeled rooms and beautiful landscaping thanks to the manager, Nelson. Great BBQ restaurant less than a block away. 24 hour Walgreens across the street and a large Starbucks next door. Other restaurants close also. Neara the airport and cruise docks. Comfortable bed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Icicletrip
Iciletrip,
Isn't it nice to be pleasantly surprised? We're so happy that you enjoyed your stay at the Oasis and are looking forward to your next visit. Thanks so much for your review. Take care, NBV