“Nelson is the bestest” 5 of 5 stars

Oasis Hotel
Tortola
“Nelson is the bestest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

This was my second stay at Oasis Motel and it was just as good as the first time. I was in Fort Lauderdale for business and to surprise my boys on their return from South Africa. They missed their flight and could not get another for a couple of days. Nelson went out of his way to rearrange their booking for when they eventually arrived and could not have been nicer to me in my misery of not getting to see them. The motel room and grounds were spotless and Nelson could not have been more friendly and helpful. I would recommend Oasis Motel to anyone wanting to stay in Fort Lauderdale in a central location.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Info1000, Owner at Oasis Hotel, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Carol R,
We're so glad that we could be part of that very special reunion with your boys! You're right, Nelson is amazing and will go above and beyond to make sure his guests are taken care of. Thanks so much for staying with us. We're already looking forward to your third visit! Take care, NBV

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Woodbury, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

My husband and I were traveling to Fort Lauderdale for pleasure. Due to the Annual Boat Show, we had a hard time finding a place to sleep. We came across this motel and booked it. Not only is it affordable, but it alos was very clean and neat. Nelson was most accommodating and the staff was extremely friendly. Thank you Nelson!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Info1000, Owner at Oasis Hotel, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Stefanie P,
It's always nice to be pleasantly surprised isn't it? The Oasis is definitely unique. With it's affordable rates and super friendly service, this small hotel certainly packs a big punch! You are welcome anytime! Thanks again, NBV
Bogota, Colombia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Great place, great attention and service, you feel like home. The ideal place to spend the night if you are looking for simple comfort and good location. You can park your car and feel like home.

Thanks for everything, Nelson!
From Colombia,
Juan and Maria.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank Pilar1339
Info1000, Owner at Oasis Hotel, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Juan and Maria,
Nelson and The Oasis will be here to welcome you whenever your are in Ft. Lauderdale! We are so happy that you felt at home hope you're able to visit us again soon. Thanks so much for your review.
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

Had a planned visit with a colleague during the ARVO convention last week. At the last minute, I could not stay with her at her condo and Nelson came to my rescue. I do not enjoy staying in frantic, noisy high-rises and wanted a small quiet location. I found it at Oasis. It was immaculate, the curtains totally blocked out the early morning sun and the light from the streetlights. It had a refrigerator and microwave (though no coffee for the coffeemaker but I drink tea so it didn't matter). It was silent at night, had a great neighborhood to walk and wander looking at the beautiful plants and flowers. I would happy stay at the Oasis again!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Info1000, Owner at Oasis Hotel, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Gale P,
Nelson is always happy to come to the rescue! We are so pleased to hear that The Oasis exceeded your expectations. It's a great little place and guests will not be disappointed. Thanks so much for your review, see you soon!
Markham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

Typically I stay at 5 star hotels but in this case I was attending a trade show in Fort Lauderdale for 5 days and the hotels where all priced in the $200.- range. Since I was travelling solo I did not see this as a viable option. On my searching I stumbled by the Oasis Motel.
It was a great find and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay there. The manager Nelson, was very hospitable and was always sure to ask if everything was okay!
There was a Starbucks across the street on one corner and a Walgreens on another corner.
Closeby where also the IHOP and a Pizza Hut.
Do not go here expecting a 5 star hotel room and amenities in a motel. But if you want clean, comfortable and friendly, don't hesitate.
I would definitely go back!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Info1000, Owner at Oasis Hotel, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
KiwiMarkham,
Congratulations on discovering this hidden gem! The Oasis is a great place. The very affordable rates and helpful staff make The Oasis an easy choice. With it's convenient location, it's a perfect place for business travellers or for pre-cruise guests. We hope to see you again!
Nassau, Bahamas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

We have made several trips to Fort Lauderdale and was very happy to come cross the Oasis Motel. The room was very clean and cool. Nelson, was very accommodating. The room was provided to two pillows, but both my husband and I are accustom to sleeping on two pillow. The following morning we told the manager and the next night we were provided wth additional pillows. We intend to stay at The Oasis Motel when every we are in the area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Info1000, Owner at Oasis Hotel, responded to this review, April 17, 2012
Sharon M,
We know that guests have many choices when they come to Ft. Lauderdale, and we are very pleased to hear that your hotel of choice is The Oasis! Thanks so much for your review. It means a lot, especially from someone who also lives in a tourist area. Nelson and the staff will do whatever it takes to accommodate the guests, and we appreciate you noticing the attention to detail. See you soon! NBV
Curitiba, PR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

I would like to thank you for the wonderful stay at the motel oasis.
I've been through this ta say that the service was excelent, the room remaied cleaned by the employees all the stay , and the careful service by the manager. As we are Brazilians, the manager made ​​us feel at home with the assistance, Nelson (manager) is very polite, hospitable, caring, competent and kindly, helped us whenever we need. Excellent stay.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Info1000, Owner at Oasis Hotel, responded to this review, April 2, 2012
Caroline K,
You are very welcome! We would like to thank you for staying with us! Nelson is great, and it's always nice to have bilingual staff on site. We really appreciate your feedback, and we hope you choose The Oasis whenever you are in Ft. Lauderdale. Take care, NBV