“Always a good experience”
Review of Tokyo Blue - CLOSED

Tokyo Blue
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cross Street A1A
Transit: Convenient to Public Bus Routes 36, 55, and 72 at NE 41st ST and A1A. Check bus availability and schedule at http://www.broward.org/bct/Pages/Default.aspx
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I was actually really surprised with the bad reviews of this restaurant because my husband and I frequent this restaurant monthly and I've only had one meal I didnt like ( king crab) - everything else is very good - especially their Sushi . The chef used to work for Nobu and you can tell by the quality and unique combinations of sushi rolls! My personal favorite is the Chronic Roll followed by the Pacific and Alaska rolls. The no sushi selections there are also very good - my husband likes the Black Cod but my personal favorite is the green cury with collosal shrimp which are fresh and delicious! Our waitress Tami is always very pleasant and while it's not in the hippest hotel in town, if you're a sushi enthusiast - this is one of the best places to get it! If you dont like seafood, I would go elsewhere but otherwise, this place is great. If you dont have a groupon, this can be a bit pricey BUT for $49 on Wednesday, it's all you can eat lobster so you can't really beat that!

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Very overpriced menu. They lied about how "happening" the place was. We stayed a the resort two days and the restaurant was always empty. Nothing there for those who don't like seafood.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

I went there with a friend last night to use a Groupon. It was our first time eating at the restaurant, and it was our last! The edamame had a fishy taste, and initially, we just chalked it up to being around other food. Then the mac n cheese roll and dragon roll came out. The dragon roll tasted like it was frozen, microwaved, and then frozen again. The eel was rubbery and the fishy taste was so overwhelming it literally turned our stomachs. The Manager apologized, and we ordered the Asian Tacos and Creamy Shrimp. 2 of the Asian Tacos had the same fishy taste as the dragon roll, and the shrimp was so battered and fried that you could barely find the shrimp if you picked it apart. By that time, the sick feeling became overwhelming and we could not get out of there fast enough! We've had sushi and Thai food at several other restaurants in Fort Lauderdale, but this food was awful! The only other table in the restaurant that was sitting outside also had to send their food back. They ordered the Duck and Steak and it was so overcooked that they could not cut it with their knives. They left the restaurant without reordering, as we should have done.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

The staff is wonderful, the food is great and the presentation is like a party, my family and I have been dinning there for four year. Repeat business tells it all.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Atrocious service with mediocre food and a waitress that was doing shots with another table the entire time we were there......OUR waitress!