“Good food with a premium view”

Sea Level Restaurant & Ocean Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Sea Level Restaurant & Ocean Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #108 of 1,349 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Experience an all new way to indulge while you dine overlooking the Atlantic Ocean on Sea Level Beach. Indoor and outdoor dining available. Open for lunch and dinner with a to-go menu available. Happy Hour daily from 4:30p.m.-7:00p.m.
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I ate at Sea Level twice while staying at the Harbor Beach Marriott. The first time, I ate at the bar. The bar staff was ok, offering service that would be expected at this type of restaurant. The highlight of the first visit was when the young lady sitting two chairs down from me had a bug crawl *out* of her salad! Everyone was very apologetic, and went out of their way to make it right - but how do you make something like that right?

The bug incident didn't deter me from eating at Sea Level again - but I did not order a salad. I had a burger, and it was very good. I had the fresh fruit, and, compared to fries, the portion was miniscule. The food was all good, though, and the water (John, I think) was great. Incredible views looking out over the ocean.

Reviewed May 22, 2014

When friends/ family come in from out of town, this is the first place I usually take them after picking them up at the airport. The valet parking is very easy, although I think I paid $6 with meal receipt. The hotel itself has undergone renovations and it's all good. The revamped outside deck makes it great for weddings and convention parties. The pool is really nice but I think you have to stay there to enjoy it. We just pass by it on our way over to Sea Level restaurant which is on the Marriot Harbour Beach property but on the far south side. It's a nice walk. I love this place. Because A1A runs along the beach, most Ft Lauderdale restaurants and hotels are not technically ON the beach. This one is. You can dine at the bar, on the deck, inside if it's too hot or buggy or (my fav) at one of the 2 or 3 the living room style tables outside under cover. You have to share the restaurant with hotel guests so there's lots of activity and scantly clad beach goers passing thru- so if you're the jealous type, pick another place to take your boyfriend (just kidding). The food is great sometimes and average others. I've had a great turkey burger there once, then my husband ordered it next time and it was dry and tasteless. Their edamame hummus (on special) was to die for. Salads are good. They used to have grilled long hots (Shisito's) but sadly stopped carrying them. My mom says their mojitos are made just right. The wine was a decent pour. You can't beat the view- anywhere in FLL. It's not cheap, but consider it your admission price for the view. On the weekend you can see the cruiseships leave port. I will return again and again, even if the food is up and down. It was very UP last visit. Hold on to this chef.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

I ate at the Sea Level four times during my stay at the Marriott. Two lunches and two dinners. My favorite items were the Salmon BLT - it is a very big sandwich with a generous amount of salmon, and the crab and arugula salad. Both were delicious. I also ordered numerous Coco Locos during my stay - they are the perfect frozen drink to sip poolside.

The atmosphere can be relaxing, but during the busy weekends, it can also be crowded and hectic. But it is nice to sit near the ocean and convenient if you are already hanging at the pool or beach for the day.

Prices can be a little higher than you want to spend, but for the convenience it is worth it.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

The food is okay at Sea Level, but I had a Margarita that was literally un-drinkable. I had to send it back, and the 2nd was not much better. While I love this hotel, I will stick to the other bar and restaurants on the property.

Patrick M, Manager at Sea Level Restaurant & Ocean Bar, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I’m sorry our margarita wasn’t what you expected. I have shared your experiences with our Bartending Team and will be reviewing the recipe. Again, please accept my sincere apologies I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you the next time you visit Sea Level.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

I am Marriott Platinum so eat at a lot of Marriott properties. I typically eat lunch where ever I check in just because it is easy. I rarely go back the second day. I will go back today. My wife and I arrived yesterday and we went to Sea Level. Service was good. Jason (maybe Justin) was not the host but greeted us because nobody was at stand, seated us and then was our server. He made good recommendations - the fish tacos and jerk chicken sandwich were both exactly right for lunch. Other people brought food and were very nice as well. I can see how this place could be chaotic during high season, but when we were there it was clean, pleasant and well executed. Rude service or bad food can overshadow a great view, in this case the service and the food were the reason to eat there, rather than the beach view.

1  Thank Tim C