“Luckily they have " Dinner at Dusk "”

Sea Watch on the Ocean
Reserve with OpenTable
Sea Watch on the Ocean is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #112 of 1,439 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Lauderdale-by-the-Sea
Cross street: Commercial Blvd
Description: Sea Watch On The Ocean located on the beautiful Atlantic Ocean in Fort Lauderdale is perfect for any occasion. Whether it's business, pleasure, or any other special event we offer private dining rooms, an enclosed patio or our main dining room, all with beautiful water views to maximize your dining experience. Operating for over 43 years our menu selections range from a wide variety of the finest seafood and steaks.
Reviewed December 20, 2009

If you go, go for their " Dinner at Dusk " which is basically their version on an Early Bird
But for $19.95 you get choice of Appetizer, Entree and a Dessert. They only offer that for ONE hour from 5pm to 6pm. After 6pm get ready to spend your Kids College Fund.
Overall it's a pretty good place IF you can afford it. Good place to go for that Special occasion.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,411)

Reviewed November 27, 2009

We are staying at the Wyndham Palm Aire in Pompano, and our hotel listed this place as their top recommendation for a fine dining seafood restaurant...let's just say, the hotel will be hearing about our thoughts regarding the revision of their recommendation list!
Menu prices are high, we had 3 stuffed artichokes with crab for $14, the sea watch trio of lobster, scallops and shrimp for $34 and the crab, shrimp and asparagus for $27.
The trio was pathetic, served on cheap white plates and it consisted of a puny lobster tail, 6 tiny scallops and two shrimp, al doused in an unidentifiable "white wine garlic and butter sauce".
My crab shrimp poo poo platter was SMALL! And the crab resembled something you would dig out of a can.
Our waitress, to her credit, was very sweet and attentive, so I cannot say the entire experience was not enjoyable..
Also, this 'ocean view' is completely invisible once the sun sets. We might as well have been seated next to the highway...
In addition, the lovely party seated to our left got up when they finished, and a woman assisting a man in leaving made a point to vigorously scratch her butt over my water glass as she parted....really added to the ambiance.

Disappointing! We don't mind diner food either, but at least at a diner, dinner doesn't cost over $125!!!
SAVE YOUR TIME AND MONEY, ORDER A PIZZA!

1  Thank Ecj5429
Reviewed November 25, 2009

Visited the Sea Watch last evening. We came to Pompano for vacation and didn't realize til we arrived that there really isn't much around in the way of shops and restaurants unless you drive. I came across the Sea Watch while running one a.m. and after reading the reviews here decided to give it a try. It's a huge place right on the ocean (well, you can hear the ocean, not see it) and though a bit old fashioned (but I suppose it plays to its demographic) was pretty good. I had a great grouper and my husband had the medley of lobster, shrimp and scallops. Shrimp were slightly overcooked, all tasted really great. It was a nice place for some seafood in Florida.

Reviewed August 19, 2009

I'd visited Sea Watch for the first time and was really happy with the initial experience. The two of us went there for our 10th anniversary and couldnt believe we'd waited so long to try it. Food, service and atmosphere were perfect. So much so... that I decided to call them to schedule my parents 50th anniversary dinner (for 12) in one of two noted rooms (New Room or Loft). I called and spoke with Penny (banquet / group manager) and was shocked at her lack of interest. I was told, "make a reservation like everyone else, and we'll do our best to seat you in a decent table; but no promises. First come, first serve.". When I explained that this was kind of important in terms of anniversaries and that I'd like to be in one of the two rooms mentioned above (each sits 50 people), was willing to make an advanced reservation, and would be willing to show up well in advance, and wait extra time in the lounge if necessary to ensure this seating.... (which I thought showed tremendous flexibility on my part)... she quickly responded ... "I cant guarantee anything; you could be seated anywhere in the restaurant,... and for a party of 12, you'll have to take what you get." WOW. Thanks for the sensitive approach to such a family milestone! Great food or not.... when you have a front-line employee with this attitude... good luck. Word gets out. Read the earlier review about the 'bride to be'... that's what prompted me to write this. Exactly the same experience. Rude, short tempered, uninterested..... a general lack of customer service skills. Go back to basics Penny. Must be nice to be so successful as a restaurant that you can literally 'throw an eager party of 12 to the curb". They should get a group manager that's eager to help... or simply send her back to charm school - she needs it.

Reviewed August 13, 2009

have never had anything but excellent food and service. The view of the ocean is teriffic and so close you can hear the waves.