“Nice Place, Nice Meal”

Sea Watch on the Ocean
Reserve with OpenTable
Sea Watch on the Ocean is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #58 of 1,330 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Lauderdale-by-the-Sea
Cross street: Commercial Blvd
Description: Sea Watch On The Ocean located on the beautiful Atlantic Ocean in Fort Lauderdale is perfect for any occasion. Whether it's business, pleasure, or any other special event we offer private dining rooms, an enclosed patio or our main dining room, all with beautiful water views to maximize your dining experience. Operating for over 34 years our menu selections range from a wide variety of the finest seafood and steaks.
Silver Spring
“Nice Place, Nice Meal”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

My wife and I ate here a few days ago. We went for the Sunset (a fancy name for early bird) dinner. I would not have eaten later dinner there since I don't normally spend around $50 per person for dinner out. The sunset dinner costs $21 per person plus drinks. It includes soup or salad and a dessert. I had clam chowder which was very tasty. It was New England style, (white), which I prefer. My wife had salad, which could have used a bit more dressing. The dressing was also bland-tasting. My wife chose the lobster dinner, and I chose prime rib. The lobster was decent-sized (about 1 1/4 pounds), hard shell. It was very good. My prime rib (about 10 ounces), which was ordered medium-rare was actually served rare, but I chose not to send it back. The side dishes were fine. We ordered key lime pie for dessert, which was very good. The service was very attentive, something that I rarely see these days. Overall, it was a very nice meal and I would return there, as long as they are offering the Sunset dinner, which is not served in late December or other winter months.

1 Thank Charles G

Sacramento, CA
“Great Sunset Dinner Menu”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

They have a great Sunset Dinner menu from 5-6 p.m. For $21 you get clam chowder or salad, choice of about 5 entrees including a 1-1/2# Maine Lobster, prime rib, fish and a couple of others, and then finished off with a choice of Key Lime Pie or ice cream. Food was tasty, the service excellent, and a great ocean view. Highly recommended.

1 Thank JIMCHI
New York City, New York
“Food is decent; nice place for a change of pace”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

OK, it's not exactly a seafood lover's paradise, but it's an OK place and you get your money's worth. I've been here about a dozen times and, if nothing else, it's consistent. A year or two ago they went through some remodeling, but I can't say I can see much of an improvement. With that said, let's get to the food. I like the black bean soup -- very good. And I'm stuck on the bouillabaisse -- it's always nice and hot, lots of "stuff" in it and very filling. The other day, my son ordered the crab tostadas (something new on the menu) and he said they were great, so I can recommend this dish as well. For reasons I can't explain, my mom always goes for the prime rib (at a seafood place?) but I must admit that it's always a nice looking piece of meat and she seems to love it. So, I guess there's a little something here for everyone. Service is usually adequate and, while our waitress seemed a little harried this visit, she did a good job. I guess the only thing I don't like about this place is that they're so damn petty. They have an "early bird" menu (as most places in south FL have) and that's fine -- a complete dinner for a fixed price if you get there before 6pm. But then, why do they add $2 if you want coffer or tea? And, if I want an extra piece of garlic bread with my bouillabaisse, it's $1.50 extra. There was a time when they even charged you extra for an extra basket of bread for the table. Come on! This is a half-way decent looking place with decent food -- either increase the price of everything by $1 or don't nickel-and-dime your patrons to death where it makes you look like a fast food restaurant, which you're not. Would I go back? Sure -- the food is decent if you know what to order and it's reasonably priced.

2 Thank Robert F
ghent, ny
“great location and ambiance”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Sea Watch is located on Ocean Blvd in Lauderdale-by-The Sea and has a wonderful classy but casual atmosphere. Ocean views....nice second floor bar! The menu is simple, brief, and a real value! Be sure to visit on Wed. if you love wine....They call it "Wine Down Wednesdays" and all wine is 1/2 price by the bottle.....and they have an extensive wine list. I had the filet ($27..) and wife had Florida grouper ($24..) both were excellent and done to perfection. Service was also quite good....

Nashville, Tennessee
“Why changes in Decor and Menu?”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

This ocean front restaurant we have been visiting now off and on for the last 20 years. We did not understand why it went through a substantial renovation and redecoration...it just has lost its old charm. Unfortunately the menu went through the same changes, however, they have been flexible with our requests. The quality of food and service has not suffered and we can highly recommend having dinner here at any time. Wednesday's special is half price for ALL wines!!
Mary has been serving us for many years now and we always ask for her.

• Visited November 2013