“Three Strikes and Sea Watch is Out!”

Sea Watch on the Ocean
Reserve with OpenTable
Sea Watch on the Ocean is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 1,349 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Lauderdale-by-the-Sea
Cross street: Commercial Blvd
Description: Sea Watch On The Ocean located on the beautiful Atlantic Ocean in Fort Lauderdale is perfect for any occasion. Whether it's business, pleasure, or any other special event we offer private dining rooms, an enclosed patio or our main dining room, all with beautiful water views to maximize your dining experience. Operating for over 34 years our menu selections range from a wide variety of the finest seafood and steaks.
Reviewed April 22, 2011

We've tried Sea Watch 3 times over 2 months, and if possible, the experiences has gotten worse, ending with our last (and final) visit. The restaurant is always packed with people, and appears to having plenty of servers, but they seem oddly frenetic and don't appear to be doing much. On 3 visits, despite reservations, we've had to wait a minimum of 25 -35 mins. for our table even though empty tables were available. This last time, we waited the usual 25 mins and were taken to a table squeezed between two stairways and a railing with no room for our chairs. Our server came promptly, took our order and then disappeared for about 15 mins. During that time, I found a fly in my water glass. When I told the server, she seemed unconcerned and I waited another 10 mins for a fresh glass. Meanwhile, we could see servers rushing here and there and other tables being waited on. As with other visits, the food is basically mediocre, and since there are variety of excellent restaurants close by, I wonder why the Sea Watch is always packed. I should also mention that the parking lot is always jammed, and during our last visit, the parking attendant yelled at us because he was in a hurry.

1  Thank CMC2

Reviewed April 18, 2011

I went here with my family hopeing to hav a great meal but instead a bunch of cockroches attacked. So we ended up not finishing and just leaving to call the board of health

Reviewed April 17, 2011

This place has great food, great service, and an excellent ambience. You won't be disappointed with the grouper or paella!

Reviewed April 16, 2011

Found the SeaWatch six years ago, loved it then and, even with recent changes to menu and decor, still love it. Location, location, location...can't beat it. We're Snowbirds who have visitors who can't wait to eat at SeaWatch. Conch fritters, roasted salmon, paella, ummmmm! The comfy bar upstairs with friendly staff, who remember you, just round out the great experience.

Reviewed April 6, 2011

We booked a table through Open Table and were promptly seated at the appropriate time. We got a wonderful table on the breezy but comfortable patio area. Wow, what a view. I was a bit concerned by the negative Trip Advisor reviews but this turned out to be one of our most memorable meals during our florida vacation. We started the meal with tender, fried calamari. My dinner companions had salads one a beet salad and the other a 1/4 head of lettuce with blue cheese dressing. Both thought their salads were excellent. For dinner I had grilled grouper with a interesting but delicious topping made of anchovies, olives and other ingredients. The fish was excellent, well prepared and served with grilled vegetables. We also had the fried shrimp and crab cake. I tried the crab cake and it was absolutely top shelf, loaded with crab and very little filler. For desert we shared a piece of Key Lime pie that was equal the rest of our meals. I recommend this restaurant.