“Wonderful Dining Experience, best of our florida vacation.”

Sea Watch on the Ocean
Reserve with OpenTable
Sea Watch on the Ocean is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 1,358 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Lauderdale-by-the-Sea
Cross street: Commercial Blvd
Description: Sea Watch On The Ocean located on the beautiful Atlantic Ocean in Fort Lauderdale is perfect for any occasion. Whether it's business, pleasure, or any other special event we offer private dining rooms, an enclosed patio or our main dining room, all with beautiful water views to maximize your dining experience. Operating for over 34 years our menu selections range from a wide variety of the finest seafood and steaks.
Reviewed April 6, 2011

We booked a table through Open Table and were promptly seated at the appropriate time. We got a wonderful table on the breezy but comfortable patio area. Wow, what a view. I was a bit concerned by the negative Trip Advisor reviews but this turned out to be one of our most memorable meals during our florida vacation. We started the meal with tender, fried calamari. My dinner companions had salads one a beet salad and the other a 1/4 head of lettuce with blue cheese dressing. Both thought their salads were excellent. For dinner I had grilled grouper with a interesting but delicious topping made of anchovies, olives and other ingredients. The fish was excellent, well prepared and served with grilled vegetables. We also had the fried shrimp and crab cake. I tried the crab cake and it was absolutely top shelf, loaded with crab and very little filler. For desert we shared a piece of Key Lime pie that was equal the rest of our meals. I recommend this restaurant.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,276)

Reviewed March 30, 2011

The seawatch was a favorite restaurant for my family but recent changes have ruined it. It used to be a wonderful nautical themed restaurant on the beach with good food and good service. Our recent visit discovered it had been remodeled into a offensive modern creation that doesn't quite work. We would have been able to ignore that as the view is wonderful still, but the service was offensive and the food was far below where it should be for the prices. We had to ask to have our table cleared, to get refills on water and to get any attention at all from the wait staff. The menu is no longer appealing and it has gone completey a la carte and the prices are too high.

It seems someone bought a wonderful land mark and decided to improve it, but instead destroyed part of what defined the area. Except for the view it is now similar to a thousand other seafood restaurants with high prices and mediocre service.

1  Thank diner73r
Reviewed March 20, 2011

After reading recent negative reviews, we were hesitant to return to the Sea Watch. But our fears were unfounded, the food and service were impeccable. My lobster bisque was topped with chunks of lobster, my wife's conch chowder was delicious. We both loved the seared, blackened mahi-mahi. Our server's timing was perfect with the courses flowing smoothly, and she checked on us frequently in case we needed anything, All in all, a great evening in a beautiful setting.

Reviewed March 15, 2011

We stopped in for a late dinner after a long day of traveling. We didn't have reservations, which seemed to be an issue for the hostess, but we only ended up waiting for 40 minutes. We immediately went upstairs to the bar for a pre-dinner cocktail, and the atmosphere was fabulous! Our waitress was very attentive and did a great job. I cant say the same for the dining part. We were ushered to a patio type room with all the other non reservation people. Our waitress was average at best, and took her time for everything. The food was also average. The lobster was over-cooked and tough. it was way over priced for the quality. I would suggest reservations and going more for the ambiance than the food.

Reviewed March 14, 2011

My husband and I chose Sea Watch to have dinner for our 1st wedding anniversary based on other people's recommendations for the Lauderdale by the Sea area. The view and resturant itself was very nice. Our waitress, who only had a whopping 4 other table, barely paid attention to us-I had to ask other waitress to find her twice. My husband ordered the 1 1/2 lb lobster, which was $30. No big deal, but for that price you would expect it to a least be cooked properly. No such chance-first of all, the lobster was not even close to 1 1/2 lbs. Secondly, it is pretty much common sense, that when you steam or boil something, pressure builds inside it and when sliced open, everything kinda explodes...where am I going with this? Well....the chef decided to split the lobster from the top of its head all the way to its tail, thus making the lobster's brain explode all over the meat. It was the most disgusting thing I have ever witnessed at a resturant. Third, it wasn't fresh to boot! We are avid fishers/divers and it smelled rotten. He took a couple bites from the tail (the only part that wasn't adulterated by the lobster brains) and said he felt sick. We explained this to the waitress, who couldn't have cared less. She went and told the chef, who argued we didn't know what we were talking about. Then, the waitress said the management would buy us a round of drinks or a desert on the house, which we declined (we had the top of our wedding cake to eat!), so they obviously KNEW they had messed up, but failed to take it off our bill. We didn't cause a scene b/c it was our anniversary, so we just let it go. We got back to the hotel, of which my husband spent the night in the bathroom puking. Lovely, thanks Sea Watch, for memorable anniversary. So...moral of the story-the place sucks, the food sucks and the managment, who could have somewhat corrected the situation, sucks.

2  Thank JEV34685