“Good service, poor food”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of SoLita Las Olas - CLOSED

SoLita Las Olas
Cuisines: Italian, American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining style: Casual Dining
Connecticut
“Good service, poor food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

Went with a group of 6 for dinner. Heard good things about this place but was not impressed. I ordered a veal special and it came out crunchy and covered in sauce. I have never sent a meal back in my life but I did this time! They did take it off the bill but everyone in our party agreed the service was very good but the food was not. There are plenty of other places to eat in the area.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank BonzoCT

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“great location, romantic and great food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

this Italian restaurant is perfectly located in Las Olas Boulevard. the place is a little dark and romantic, I am glad the menus had a nifty LED light attached to it. Food was done to perfection. I Walked the Blvd after dinner which was perfect to people watch and find dessert (although I hear the dessert at Solita is very good as well) . Easy parking.

• Visited October 2012
4 Thank alexppg
Hollywood
“The Best Italian in South Florida”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

This place is so under rated. Its 5 star food with warm and friendly service. The atmosphere is trendy but comfortable. Hard to explain but you have to see it yourself. Most importantly the food is the best I have had in South Florida. Try the meatballs and fresh mozzarella to start. They had some Gnocci dish that blew me away. I will be back, good job to the staff for giving us great service that wasn't uptight.

• Visited October 2012
3 Thank Ari S
New York City, New York
“Surprisingly great Italian ...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

I read the reviews and quite honestly, if I were picking the place to dine, as per what usually happens, I might have skipped this great place. Lucky for me it was someone else's job & I got to go. First of all, the place is very cool looking with great music by a live dj. A tiny bit too loud, but we loved it. Our waiter Dominick was fantastic. He was knowledgeable, pleasant, honest when we asked if we were ordering too much, and just all around attentive. The food. Dominick recommended the Sunday sauce. Last time tried this at another Ft. lauderdale restaurant it was gross. But I took the shot & this time it was a winner. The rice ball appetizer was delicious. The sauce? Excellent. The eggplant stack was huge & delish. The burrata melted in my mouth with its delicious creaminess. The lemon chicken was perfectly cooked too. The whole snapper was large, fresh and absolutely delicious. I even stopped by the chef/owner Anthony to commend him and he was friendly, humble and really a nice man. He told me to come say hi the next time I'm in town and he will take good care of me. That's one smart businessman. So, Solita is a great place to hang, to dine, to listen to music or people watch. But dont miss the food.. We really enjoyed it.

• Visited September 2012
4 Thank freshpeetza2
Yardley, Pennsylvania
“hhmmm...still deciding”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

Interesting place - I wasn't able to stay long enough to get a real sense, but I'm certain I could entertain myself all night just from the people watching. We stopped in for drinks while waiting for our reservation at another place. Great bartenders - they were fun and chatty. But I was a little dismayed when I saw them opening the blue cheese stuffed olives and smelling them to see if they were ok to serve. That's gross...first of all - blue cheese stuffed olives are never going to smell good. How do you determine if they have turned by smelling them?! And a thought...don't do that in front of customers!!!! BUT - the drinks were good, and the bartenders were down to earth. I'd stop in again

• Visited September 2012