“Great for Special Occasions or Girls' Night Out!”
Review of SoLita Las Olas - CLOSED

SoLita Las Olas
Cuisines: Italian, American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining style: Casual Dining
Ft. Lauderdale
“Great for Special Occasions or Girls' Night Out!”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I really enjoyed SoLita's! I was a bit concerned after reading the reviews, but I think folks are just really picky! We were a party of 5 and everyone enjoyed their meals. I had the ravioli and my friends had the chicken parmesan, salmon piccatta, caesar salad, and chicken nino. They had a dj (Dan Marino's son!) playing 80's music in the background. The music wasn't deafening, but you definitely needed to be seated close to the person talking to you and they would have to speak up for you to hear them. Since it's not a club, I'd suggest turning down the music, so it becomes more of a background music, where you can still enjoy good conversation, in addition to listening to nice music. We hung out a bit in their small lounge area, where they have 3 small couches. We took pics and ended up dancing with the waiters! The wait staff was really friendly! They arranged for my friend to get a slice of birthday cake and brought it out with a sparkling candle and one of them was banging on a bongo! They were really funny! I loved our waiter, who was really attentive, but I could kick myself for not getting his name! I would definitely recommend this restaurant for a special occasion or just a good time!!!

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank JAmerican2

“fabulous!”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Solita is a great place to see and be seen. Atmosphere and decor are just fabulous. The food is very good and I go there often. You can also hang out at their stylish bar afterwards. It is a chic place indeed!

Visited August 2012
3 Thank zaliana R
The Villages, Florida
“A real great meal”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We went here with a Groupon and were pleasantly surprised at the quality and quantity of the food and the great service we received. The veal dishes we had were top quality. Michael our waiter couldn't have been nicer and when we met the chef, Anthony, we knew why. He is his uncle.
Go here for a great meal.

Visited August 2012
3 Thank barringtonbunny
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Good food in a noisy atmosphere”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Our $99 three course fix price dinner was tasty and the portions were large.But... I do not enjoy dining in an atmosphere that is so noisy that I have difficulty hearing the conversation at a small table for 4. If you like a quiet and relaxing dining atmosphere filled with good conversation, skip this restaurant. I was also a bit offended by the inappropriate dress of their hostess.
She was dressed to do some late night "clubbing" as were some of the other female employees. This does not make for a "refined" greeting.

• Visited August 2012
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Nothing great prices high service poor”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

The restaurant is in a great location where Mark's Las Olas used to be. The atmosphere is nice but the food is pricey and it is really nothing special. Just another trendy, transient place that copies that same menu you see over and over. Our waiter was unprofessional - was annoyed when we asked him for a black napkin and didn't service the table well.

• Visited June 2012