“Outstanding!”

Truluck's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Truluck's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 1,359 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: We invite you to escape to Truluck's. A getaway for the senses. Come savor the freshest Crab, direct from our own fisheries. Delight in our fresh-catch seafood menu or select tender, juicy steaks prepared to perfection. Then complement it all with delicious wines by the glass and bottle.
Reviewed December 14, 2010

We were in Fort Lauderdale last week to escape the cold in DC and had an opportunity to go to Truluck's. What a great place. The hostess was very friendly and talked with us all the way to the table. The server was extremely knowledgeable and the crab presentation was very informative. We ended ordering some stone crabs and caesar salads for appetizers. The crabs were delicious. Came cracked and ready to eat. For the main courses we had the trout and the surf and turf which was an Alaskan king crab leg and a filet. All the dishes were very good. Crab fried rice was the perfect side. After dinner was another informative dessert presentation and we opted for the chocolate sack. The general manager even came over to our table to ask us if everything was satisfactory. We told him it was outstanding!! Can't wait to go back.

Reviewed December 6, 2010

Very upscale in setting but attached to the mall. Expensive for what you get and the stone crab claws, their "signature dish" were far from outstanding. Accompanying vegetables of grilled asparagus ( too thick and tough) and parmesan potatoes (pasty) were disappointing. The bread was quite good. If this is stone crab then I will go back to Alaska king crab legs (and a different restaurant).

Reviewed November 11, 2010

While in town for a few days as a prelude to a cruise, the concierge from the Atlantic Hotel suggested Trulucks. I was not disappointed! Aside from physically being in the Pacific Northwest, I couldn't have asked for better King Crab. We each ordered 1 1b which was huge.
To start, unlike other very noisy establishments nearby at the Galleria, Trulucks was sophiscated without the pretense. Attentive service, great wine flight selection and the King Crab was wonderful. We also chose a 'large' stone crab for an appetizer as we were torn between ordering the stone or king for an entree. Of course, the stone crab is cold and king served hot. The stone crab was also great, but always order the large size.
Do be prepared to pay for what you get.
Overall I give this high marks and will be back on my next stop in Fort Lauderdale.

Reviewed November 9, 2010

We have been to Trulucks twice now and both times has been a wonderful experience.
The food is very tasty and the atmosphere is nice and we enjoyed a very good level of service.
I can recommend this restaurant to everyone visiting the Fort Lauderdale area.

Reviewed August 29, 2010

We went to Truluck's for a birthday. I have severe nut allergies, so I always let the server know at the beginning. Once she knew, she brought bread to the table but didn't tell us the bread had nuts in it. Thankfully, a member of my party bit into it first and let me know there were nuts in it, so I didn't end up in the hospital.

Alleriges aside, the service was attentive and prompt. I felt 4 scallops and 4 asaragus spears was a small amount of food for $30, but it was well cooked. They did bring a plate for the birthday boy (man) with 2 cupcakes free of charge.

It wasn't horrible, but though the restaurant is only a couple miles from my house, I probably won't go again.