“Fantastic food, good service and live music - romantic evening”

Truluck's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Truluck's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 1,357 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: We invite you to escape to Truluck's. A getaway for the senses. Come savor the freshest Crab, direct from our own fisheries. Delight in our fresh-catch seafood menu or select tender, juicy steaks prepared to perfection. Then complement it all with delicious wines by the glass and bottle.
Reviewed May 25, 2014

My husband and I had dinner at Truluck's and it was a fantastic experience. The ambience was that of a classic sub car restaurant with dim lights, red leather upholstered booths and crisp white tablecloths. Our waiter was very friendly and accommodating. We ordered a bottle of Pinot. The wine list was fairly priced and provided a good variety.

We were torn about whether we should order the oysters since they ran out of Blue Points and offered us North Stars from Texas, with which we were not familiar. The waiter provided my husband with one to sample, which we felt was thoughtful. We followed the oysters with Caesar salads that were perfectly dressed.

Our main course was filet mignon and the Hawaiian tuna. Both were prepared flawlessly and tasted delicious. We ordered the chocolate cake for dessert. It was moist and decadent.

My husband and I have been to high end seafood/steakhouses across the country and this restaurant is definitely on par. It's worth a visit.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

One of the best restaurant in fort Lauderdale. I first order sonoma greens salad it was good i requested salads dressing on the side. John the waiter was great and friendly. Ever request I need was done without any problems. The main dish was Idaho trout with mashed potatoes. The trout cooked in pan-seared with fresh lemon. It was very tasteful with slight crunch. Mash potatoes also had wonderful flavor. Desserts ended with huge carrot cake. Manager stuart and tracey came to my table to see if iam doing alright. I will come back great customer service and great food. Best to eat outside it has a nice ambiance. A perfect weather with slight breeze.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

My wife and I stayed across the street at the Gallery One. and it was late so we walked to the restaurant. I had a couple of martinis and she had wine. We had crab cake and shrimp appetizers.
The food was very good and the martinis were even better. It was a bit pricey (over $100.00) , but the jazz played made it a bargain. I would go back in a heartbeat.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

Wow! Everything you could ask for all in one restaurant. From the service to the food to the atmosphere everything is excellent. My husband and I celebrated our 25th Anniversary with dinner here and we could not have been more pleased.

Reviewed May 18, 2014

From start to finish my meal here had to have been one of the best I've ever eaten in a restaurant! Having been a server in a 5 star country club, I tend to overly analyze and critique restaurants and admittedly hold them to a very high standard. Truluck's passed any test I could administer with flying colors!
I ordered both the lobster bisque and the knife and fork Cesar to start. I have a couple pet peeves....One is luke-warm or not-hot soup. My bisque was presented and served beautifully and steaming HOT -:) In addition, the chef making the salad obviously took the time to make sure every leaf of romaine was dipped in dressing...not too much, just right. The parmesan-crusted cod was amazing! My partner had a filet mignon special which he devoured!
The ambience here is upscale and pleasant with live music. Our server was Todd. He truly helped make the meal memorable. He was knowledgeable and informative without being pushy. My date and I were permitted to take our time; never feeling rushed in the least. I would not hesitate to go back and have already recommended this gem to many friends.