“Poor from start to finnish”

Truluck's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Truluck's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 1,345 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: We invite you to escape to Truluck's. A getaway for the senses. Come savor the freshest Crab, direct from our own fisheries. Delight in our fresh-catch seafood menu or select tender, juicy steaks prepared to perfection. Then complement it all with delicious wines by the glass and bottle.
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Had an amazing dinner @ Trulucks in Naples 2 years ago but have tried FLL 3 times. Each time the food gets worse. I actually felt sorry for our server @ our last visit. Everything was awful from lobster bisque to over cooked fish to sour milk in cappuccino. That was our last try.

2  Thank mommamorton

Reviewed April 19, 2014

The place itself is very well decorated and looks amazing, the service was excellent and the food was amazing, in particular the desert tray has to be seen to believed. The main event however is the seafood and steak, we had the surf and turf which came with the biggest crab leg I have ever eaten.

Given the price I would not go regularly but for a special occasion it is ideal.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

I don't get to Miami often and had a craving for stone crab. I had all intentions of going to Joe's but Trulucks was a 5 minute walk from the JW Marriott where we were staying. One of the best decisions of our trip to Miami and the Keys.

We arrived on time per our reservation from our hotel, but somehow our Concierge had screwed up our reservation and it was nowhere to be found. However, the hostess understood our frustration and was able to seat us immediately. The waitstaff was exceptional and attentive but not overbearing and in our face rushing our meal.

We started with a single stone crab appetizer so my wife could try it. While she's a fan of lobster and seafood, she didn't like it served cold. Luckily, she wouldn't be picking from my meal :-)

The menu was full-featured with meats and seafood but I was there for only one thing. Stone crab. I ordered the $79 5 Stone Crab which is served with a mashed potato side and dipping sauce. My meal was excellent.

My wife ordered the fillet medium plus, but it was a bit on the rare side for her. She put on her big girl panties and sucked it up instead of sending it back for a reheat.

I had never heard of this restaurant but will surely seek them out next time I am in Miami or wherever they operate a local one. Dinner for the two of us was about $250. Not cheap but worth every penny.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

visited this restaurant last week as staying at the nearby Doubletree Hotel. I chose the New York Strip and Jan had the Trout, encrusted with almonds. The meal was an absolute delight and reasonably priced for the standard of food being served. Very attentive service was provided and the restaurant is both large and spacious. If you want a great meal in Fort Lauderdale, this is the place to be.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

When in Fort Lauderdale, Trulucks is a must return. A great bar scene music nightly, we went for all you can eat stone crabs on Monday night. They were succulent, sweet and plentiful, although they were smaller than usual. I am guessing that is because we are nearing the end of the season. Ray, our server, was attentive, friendly and helpful with suggestions. Whether out with your mom, as I was, or entertaining clients, Trulucks never disappoints. I look forward to coming back.