“Not a Steakhouse”

Truluck's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Truluck's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 1,329 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: We invite you to escape to Truluck's. A getaway for the senses. Come savor the freshest Crab, direct from our own fisheries. Delight in our fresh-catch seafood menu or select tender, juicy steaks prepared to perfection. Then complement it all with delicious wines by the glass and bottle.
Ottawa, Canada
“Not a Steakhouse”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Lovely friendly staff. Comfy seating. Steak could use more aging or quality upgrade.Garlic spinach & parm mashed so tasty.

• Visited February 2014

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Top Notch”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

My husband ordered a steak with Pontchetraine topping and received the blackened shrimp. We called out the mistake to the waiter and his plate was whisked away immediately and returned within a few minutes with the correct topping by the manager. Everyone apologized and my husband's meal was comped. I had the miso topped sea bass and it was exquisite.

Cleveland, Ohio
“Happy Hour Happiness!”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Went to Truluck's for half price appetizers and we were not disappointed with all that we ordered off the appetizer menu. We got the ceviche which I did not care for, it was a bit too tomatoey for me, I think of Caribbean ceviche so I was not happy with this version. We got the crispy shrimp which was cooked perfectly, nice and tender and very tasty. Got the 1 lb mussels which were definitely worth the half price appetizer cost. Then lastly we got the crab cake. Let's just say for my sister and I, it was the BEST crab cake we have ever had. My sister has had quite of few in her life so for her to agree with me was amazing. There was no fishy taste and so full of crab, I'm not even sure if there was any filler in that crab cake. More than worth the half price appetizer cost. I would go back to Truluck's just to have the scrumptious crab cake. Anytime I go back to the area, I'll stop by just to eat the crab cake! After all those appetizers that was good enough for dinner. Definitely worth every happy hour penny but would not get the ceviche.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank ca_yee
Clyde, Ohio
“GREAT!”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

The food and service was wonderful!!! I would go back if we are in Fort Lauderdale again! Portions and quality of food was top notch.

Bolton, Connecticut
“Excellent on all counts”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Nothing but kudos. this is definitely upscale in price but well worth it. We had the sea bass and the grouper and both were outstanding. The Oyster Rockefeller is close to if not the best I've ever had. Save room for desert! The deserts are all about the size of an entree and excellent. We had the key lime pie and it was delicious.