“Seafood and sides”

Truluck's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Truluck's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 1,407 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: We invite you to escape to Truluck's. A getaway for the senses. Come savor the freshest Crab, direct from our own fisheries. Delight in our fresh-catch seafood menu or select tender, juicy steaks prepared to perfection. Then complement it all with delicious wines by the glass and bottle.
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Sea Bass was just right, and the scallops were also. The side of sautéd mushrooms was good too. Excellent service. Attentive Maitre D.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,009)

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We went to Ft. Lauderdale for a long weekend and were looking for a "nice" dinner away from the "spring break crowd" (even though it wasn't spring break). Truluck's was perfect. We were staying on the beach and it was an easy 10 minute cab ride. Made our reservation on Open Table and arrived a little early. Sat in the bar and had a lovely glass of wine for me (a margarita for he) and listened to the piano player/singer. Our waiter (Frankie) was great. Offered us suggestions and managed to always be there when we needed him, but wasn't intrusive at all. I got the filet mignon with the "bearnaise royale" option, and he got the stone crab claw platter. It was a surf and turf dream come true. The steak was done perfectly and the toppings were the perfect touch. The stone crab claws were really yummy too. I wish we had been able to find room for dessert, but we were just too full. Overall, I highly recommend Truluck's for a nice evening out.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

My husband and son treated me to a fabulous birthday dinner at Truluck's. Our server, Eric made the evening truly special. Before dinner, we enjoyed the crab cake (excellent) and calamari at the bar with great live music. Our table was waiting with a lovely birthday card signed by the staff ~ what a great personal touch. Eric was genuinely excited to make our night special ~ he explained the entire menu, was right on time to pour more champagne and was extremely attentive the entire evening ~ Simply exceptional service! The Miso-Glazed Seabass was the best I've ever had. The men tried a bit of everything from the Ribeye Steak, Sesame Crusted Tuna to the South African Lobster Tail ~ Wow! Everything was wonderful. A must try ~ we'll certainly be back soon.....and will definitely request Eric!

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Both my wife and I had the fresh grouper. We couldn's have been more pleased. The fish was excellently prepared and the atmosphere (inluding a piano Player) couldn't have been better. Well worth the visit and am looking forward to my next trip to Ft. Lauderdale.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We were traveling to Ft Lauderdale and found Truluck's on TA. We made our reservations on Open Table and easily got the time we chose the day before. When we arrived, we found they had their own valet ($6 or 8). We arrived a few minutes late and were sat immediately. About half the tables were empty but filled throughout the evening. Our waiter, David, was excellent. He knew the menu well and spoke at length about several wines we were choosing from. The food was amazing. They focus on sustainability, which is a big deal to us. The calamari was the best I've ever had. Both entrees were exceptional. We cannot recommend this enough. Dinner prices were right about what you would expect from a restaurant of this quality. The desert tray was insane, although by the time we got there there was no room left.

One of the oddest, and most unexpected things: the next day around lunch time, the manager called my wife and asked to make sure we enjoyed dinner. That tells me exactly how much they care about providing the best experience possible. Thumbs up, Mr Manager.