“Go for happy hour and get there early” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Truluck's Restaurant

Truluck's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Truluck's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 1,320 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: We invite you to escape to Truluck's. A getaway for the senses. Come savor the freshest Crab, direct from our own fisheries. Delight in our fresh-catch seafood menu or select tender, juicy steaks prepared to perfection. Then complement it all with delicious wines by the glass and bottle.
Jersey City, New Jersey
“Go for happy hour and get there early”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

The happy hour is a great deal. You have access to some compelling appetizers at affordable prices (calamari and mini cheeseburgers have been consistently excellent) as well as discounted premium drinks. The staff is always excellent. If you get there more than halfway through the happy hour, seating in the bar area tends to be a challenge but the outdoor patio is also an option for happy hour pricing. Remember to tip on standard pricing!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank johnruda

Wilton Manors, Florida
“Average Food Average Service Expensive Bill Great Wine List”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

We arrived and were greeted warmly by the host who promptly took us to our table. Our waiter came by , introduced himself and explained what the restaurant was about- Sustainable seafood and Grass Fed Hormone Free Beef- Nice. He then spoke of the wine list and went away

He returned shortly after and we ordered some wine and appetizers. I ordered Hot and Crunch Shrimp which was beautifully displayed fried item that was basically tasteless . One of my companions had the lobster bisque which was elegantly presented and excellent in taste.

For dinner I had Ciopino and my companions had a crab cake (delicious) and Florida Grouper (pretty good) - My Ciopino was loaded with fresh fish but the base was overpowering

We finished with dessert which was excellent - Carrot Cake and Chocolate layer cake Both beautifully done

We will not go back- I am over mediocre chain restaurants but its OK if your nearby

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
New York
“Great Meal....But Prepare to Pay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

This was our 2nd time at the restaurant. The seafood is fresh, the service is solid and on the right night, they even have live music. It's on a main road so don't expect great ambience with outdoor seating but the friendly staff makes up for it. It's pricey and there are a lot of extras that add up. But, save room for dessert....you won't regret it. And....you should get a call the next day to make sure that you had a great time. I love when a restaurant checks in with their customers. We'll be back.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Shopbound
Miami, Florida
“"Truly Lucky" I Chose Truluck's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

I have wanted to go to this restaurant for such a long time and yesterday I got the opportunity to do so. It was awesome! The ambiance is dimly lit, and the pianist at the bar made for an even better time.

I was the first to arrive for a birthday dinner so I sat at the bar and enjoyed a nice Bellini. I had just missed their happy hour cut off time when I got there, so I paid full price, but it is nice to know that I can get 50% off on such good drinks and appetizers.

When I was seated with the birthday party the wait staff was very pleasant and they got all of the orders correct. There were about 15 of us and they never got frazzled. When one person wasn't satisfied with an order they simply replaced it without any problems. The food was superb. I recommend trying the crab cakes, and the pan seared sea scallops. The food is remarkably fresh and again the service was equally refreshing. The brought out the cake we provided and served it with a smile.

The menu is pricey, and just so you know the kitchen closes at 10pm. However if you are like me, and you don't mind getting what you pay for then you will be very happy with your experience at Truluck's. I can't wait to go back.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
richmond, bc
“Great restaurant for Seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

This is a very high class restaurant in FLL.
They have a good menu for seafood and everything is very fresh. Service is excellent as you would expect. $$$$

Visited August 2012