“BEST NIGHT OF COMEDY SATIRE FOOD IN SOTH FLORIDA”
Review of Laffing Matterz - CLOSED

Laffing Matterz
Miami Beach, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“BEST NIGHT OF COMEDY SATIRE FOOD IN SOTH FLORIDA”
Reviewed November 18, 2011

Its at the PERFORMING ARTS CENTER downtown Ft Lauderdale,
Come with an APPETITE and Expect TO Laugh,
Its not you average comedy club
Bring friends for a group party
Wine with dinner and Laffs with Desert

Visited November 2011
2 Thank Tom M

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 134 helpful votes
“Great meal and lots of laughs”
Reviewed March 28, 2011

OK let me qualify my review by saying that I went with a girlfriend and we are both "of a certain age" (i.e., we totally responded to menopause jokes and boomer humor). First of all the service was quite good and the food was suprisingly wonderful. Frankly, I was anticipating bland "business-meeting-at-a-crappy-hotel-meeting-room" fare but it was actually very good. I had the fabulous lamb and my friend had the beef and said it was also good. The show itself was very funny although there were a couple of really lame skits that went nowhere. However; the cast is so enthusiastic and the pacing is so swift that the fun really didn't falter. I'll definitely go back next year.

Visited March 2011
4 Thank RoxieFlo
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Hold on to your side!!”
Reviewed October 26, 2010

This is by far one of Ft. Lauderdale's hidden gems! With comedy performances unmatched in the city and dining that is beyond delicious this act has got it all! We saw the performance at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts and were just blown away! The ticket price was affordable for all that is provided and the service was second to none. We laughed so hard at the skits as they were edgy and current with everything from political issues to menopause. I don't think there was a single guest that night who did not find even the slightly part of the act just hilarious! We would suggest this for a great fun filled evening in Ft. Lauderdale to a couple or even singles as a group of friends, great attraction!

1 Thank SawgrassRecPark
South Florida, Florida
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“It used to be great...”
Reviewed June 25, 2010

I was a big fan of Laffing Matterz when I went there in 2007. I recommended it to all my friends, who also enjoyed it very much. I decided to take people there for a birthday surprise recently but I was sadly let down and, frankly, embarrassed. I felt very out of place amongst the white hair and walkers.. and that should have been my first que to bail. As the show started I kept thinking that it would get better, but it seems that the once hilarious show that appealed to a wide range of ages has now narrowed down to only appeal to the 55 and older crowd. The jokes were tired and tame, you could bring your children if you wanted. But if you aren't married, divorced, over the hill, or burdened by children- which is the premise of all the jokes- then this isn't your cup of tea. Two thumbs down laffing matterz, you've lost your fire

1 Thank Reef_Raid
southie
“Rib Tickling”
Reviewed January 2, 2010

Saw the show pre-cruise Feb. 09 in the old location. Made reservations prior and got the table I requested for four. The food was outstanding (better than most on the ship). The show itself was one of funniest shows I have ever seen (including vegas). Being a senior to make me laugh it had to be funny. The cast being the waiters and waitress interchanged with us all night long . Some people might think it is a little expensive with a few ala carte items but your on vacation enjoy yourself.

2 Thank rplSouthie